Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 12:44   #1
BHPian

Flying Without Wings!

Dear Brothers,
Phew!!! I am here finally..I can't express my happiness that I could be a member of this family..after several attempts..
Let me introduce myself..I was born in remote village in Gods own country and now settled in Bangalore and working for an IT Firm as Project Manager.

In my child hood seeing a Mahindra or an Amby was like seeing your favorite star..I use to see a vehicle only once in a week or so.But I use to remember how they sound and differences in the sound while changing the gears and use ti imitate with my mouth and drive my imaginary mahindra, Amby, Tata or a leyland. My neighbors use to say I sounded like a real vehicle and I even changed the gears properly while running (with my mouth of course).

My love for automobiles especially once that runs on Rubber started at early ages when I was three years or so. Seeing my enthusiasm a taxi driver in my area use to teach how to hold the steering and gradually handed over the pedals when I was six, of Course with a small pillow kept on the seat in such a way that I could stand and drive. I drove myself an Amby when I was Six and a half. I never liked airplanes or even Trains. In my whole life I travelled only twice on a train.I somehow don't like the sound of metal on metal, I love the music played by rubber on tarmac..

My father couldn't afford a car even though he liked them a lot so I have to satisfy myself by borrowing the cars from friends and tipping the taxi drivers till I was 18.My Dad bought me an Enfield(Brand new).He always like Bullet but was scared to ride it. Moreover I am heavy built person weighing around 100K.It's 12 years old now and in mint condition done more than 170,000 kms.

I got a job in Bangalore at the age of twenty and I bought my first car in 2001.A 1994 Maruti 1000.That was best moment in my life.The car was not used much and was lying idle most of the time. I paid 1 lakh for that and took it straight to a MASS. I Spent around 30 K and made her look brand new. I drove it to Kerala (600KMS) the next day it was ready and my whole family was surprised to see a car coming early morning to the house .I could see the happiness in my Dad's eye and tears literally dropped down seeing me driving my own car. I still remember that moment and you could give anything in this world for that moment. That was a beginning and now I drive once a month to kerala ( 1200 kms) every month and I am a guide for many of my colleagues who want to drive to kerala..I have done more that 70-75 trips to kerala driving alone and with family.

I currently own my first car, a wagonr and Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4.I have undergone a micro discactamy( My L4-L5 disc was removed because of excess biking and drives) and doctors asked me not to drive a low seating Car and recommended a wagon R or an SUV. But nothing can stop me from driving and I do not mind loosing another one But I can't stop rolling..

I have been a guest reader of T-bhp for more than three years and attempted several times to join but I believe I wasn't ready then. I am really glad I could be with you all and I believe it's a real Privilage to be a T-Bhpian.

Cheers,
S5157
Old 18th September 2009, 13:48   #2
BHPian

welcome to team-bhp.....

can feel the passion for motored vehicles through your introduction...

drive vehicles which have emphasize on ergonomics.... some brands which invest a lot of time & money on them are FORD, FIAT , YAMAHA...

Last edited by sanjaymugur : 18th September 2009 at 13:55.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:56   #3
BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp . Hope to see soon some of your travelouge.
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I could see the happiness in my Dad's eye and tears literally dropped down seeing me driving my own car. I still remember that moment and you could give anything in this world for that moment.
S5157,

You are a very lucky person!

I would have given anything too for this moment with my dad. Though he owned a lot of cars in his time, I am sure he would have enjoyed my first car like your dad did. But fate had decided that he souldn't be there to see the day I bought my own car or two wheeler.

Any way enjoy your sojourn here!

Drive/Ride Carefully

Ram
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very nice intro,Sir! Welcome onboard.
Its this passion for automobiles that makes TBHP a very special place to be. We learn a lot, and we all share a whole lot more.

Enjoy your stay here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks