Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 21:50   #1

Introduction of petrohead from Denmark.

Hi all
I stumbled over Team-BHP buy chance, googling something else, and came in a tread about an Austin Sheerline restoration. I had just read an article about the Sheerline in the British "Practical Classics".
As you can gather, I'm into classic cars. In the 1950's my farther became a dealer of Morris and the other Nuffield Organisation marquees, I have an interest in old English cars. I know that the Hindustan is still in production in India, I saw the image of it's front end on top of the welcome page.
My dad ran in the 50's some Morris Oxfords series II & III, on which the Hindustan is based (I know it has an Isuzu engine now), it was fun to see it. He even had the 6 cyl. version, Isis, a very rare car even in Britain.
I worked for many years in the dealership, the line of marquees was extended during the 70's with Austin, Triumph, Rover, Land Rover and Jaguar, but when the quality of BL cars slumped dramatically in late the 70's, we dropped the car dealership, sold the premises and I went on to the Computer business. I'm now retired, but have kept my interest in cars and motoring. I now own an Alfa Romeo 156 2,0 and a Spider 1750 Veloce, year 1970 - my 6th and 7th Alfa Romeos. My wife has a Fiat Punto, her 7th Fiat in a row after many Minis.
I drive some Regularity Rallies for classic cars with the Spider, great fun.
I hope you have found my introduction interesting.
Erik

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th September 2009 at 01:58. Reason: [FONT] and other tags removed. Please see the thread regarding this in the Announcements section. Thanks.
Old 26th September 2009, 02:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard erik3239.

Our "Vintage & Classics in India" section sure does contain a lot of amazing information and i'm sure you'll be spending most of your time within that section with the rest of the vintage aficionados.

Enjoy the reading,
R
Old 26th September 2009, 08:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik3239 View Post
Hi all
I stumbled over Team-BHP buy chance, googling something else, and came in a tread about an Austin Sheerline restoration. I had just read an article about the Sheerline in the British "Practical Classics".
Erik,welcome aboard!! We would like to see your experiences in the motoring world pour out in Team Bhp.
keep posting albeit in the respective threads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed