Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 23:15   #1

So I begin

First, about my car:
I drive a Maruti 800 A/C duo (2008). Bought her in Dec '08 and we have done 17,000 kms together so far. The 800 has always been a simple and basic car but is also undeniably reliable and (In my opinion) elegant. I was looking for a first car that I could rely on without spending too much to buy or maintain (I was'nt too confident about my driving skills back then). I was looking at Alto and Spark besides the 800 but the low price and the added attraction of the Duo sealed the deal. About 10 months on, I am happy with the decision to go with the 800 and have come to love my car.

Now, about myself:
I am a 27 year old software engineer from chennai. Got introduced to team-bhp accidentally a couple of months back when I was Googling for a review on the Maruti Ritz. Browsing through the site, I was fascinated by the quantity and quality of the content present here. Reviews from people who actually own and drive the cars they review everyday, honest opinions about everything that has anything to do with automobiles and the open forum for discussion are truly amazing. I should confess that I have spent many hours at home and (sshh) some at the office reading through the many articles and now, I am finally in!!! I am thankful to the moderators for approving my membership and a good day to all the members of team-bhp.

Regards,
Old 24th September 2009, 23:28   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the forum, just wondering why you would by a car in december
Old 25th September 2009, 00:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP.

Do visit the forum part wherein we talk about forum rules and sort

Now, an M800 Duo; which fuel do you use most of the time? And how about a small review about it since we should be looking at a greener future.
Old 25th September 2009, 08:26   #4

Thanks amith and jkdas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amith.2974 View Post
just wondering why you would by a car in december
Well that's hard to defend, is it not? Wont make the same mistake again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Do visit the forum part wherein we talk about forum rules and sort
Certainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Now, an M800 Duo; which fuel do you use most of the time? And how about a small review about it since we should be looking at a greener future.
Since there is no shortage of LPG pumps in chennai, I always use LPG in the city, and use petrol on long drives when I have no choice .

Giving the car for the first paid (fourth in all) service tomorrow. Planning a longish trip to kerala end of next week. Hoping to post a review after that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks