Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 17:28   #1

Hi there Teammates, a long intro

Hi Team- Hello to everyone.Finally got myself together to introduce myself.

Currently am consulting on strategy with a big MNC .Recently shifted back to NCR .Was based out of Mumbai for the last 5 odd years.

While I was away the city Delhi seems to have all swelled up.I guess NCR in another 5 years would include Modinagar to Ballabhgarh to the outskirts of Manesar to Sonepat.Why am mentioning this is that Delhi seems like a very different place now compared to half a decade ago.Housing and parking have become dearer.Place has been runover with cars.Metro has changed the face of entire West Delhi .Places around CP,Patel nagar which used to be a smoked gas chamber and commuters nightmare now stand much quieter and dignified then before while the metro breezes above you.People,crowds,colleges,markets felt a lot more polished than earlier .Probably when you stay away you start looking for differences .

Less bhangra on local TV too,instead some new musical variants like rural Haryanvi music.Its an experience trust me..So in a way felt more cosmopolitan.

Anyways back to myself .I am an MBA more aligned to solutioning frameworks and program execution in my career .Love reading on history, politics,culture,philosophy besides my work .Am pursuing some other professional certifications too. Still looking out for a life partner,infact just started .So am not very ancient.

Love travelling alone when in the mood.Am more of a beach person than the mountain kinds.I do love hills and hillocks.Love the personality of old forts,war museaums,old portraits,weaponary.Love knowing about different cultures so "Discovery -travel and living " and "lonely planet" gives me peace.

Good fan of quality cinema .Watch some whenever i get free time which is like once in a month or so.

Don't claim to know much about cars,just ok,but now I think am in the right place.One thing that scares me out of my wits is tyre puncture.Thats a fear i have never learnt to live with and I keep imagining all types of things about my tyres every single time I drive.

Owned a Palio in Mumbai for the entire time ,drove it everywhere,anyhow in that congested place and out of the city.Most whacky driving done in pouring rain in the night.Must have clocked thousands of those Kms.Dadar to Thane ,Sion to Vashi to Panvel or Worli to Nariman point to Colaba to Bandra to Juhu being the all time favourites.That car grew into me, so much, so that if I woke at night I used to go to the window and look if she is ok.Or just look at it from different angles,observe with varying shades of sunlight ,and somehow was never able to fulfill the desire.It was the most satisfying car I ever owned .Except for some tyre problems never had any issue with it .Even in the flood of 2005 drove it through the entire stretch between two flooded flyover (water till the windows)and the car never stalled when the hyundais and others were all going up in smoke.Thats when I first realised the value of that machine .Anyways guys I can go on and on about it..

So Team am here , basically would have loved to be a librarian if that job paid well.By the way i also have a deep love for action sports .And offcourse eating out .The only thing I hate is loud people, who abound in Delhi.

Currently am interested in finding the last remaining libraries in Delhi.

I just bought a car in Delhi !

Had a wonderful harrowing,hilarious (spread over a couple of months) experience finding one in Delhi and selling the old one in Mumbai.Thats how(as part of the research) I came to know about Team-BHP from an avid surfer.Would love to write about the whole experience and you guys would like it ,but still can't figure out which forum .Moderator please advise.Till then you guys keep guessing which car I bought.

So guys thank you for your time and look forward to being a part of this community.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi (Otto von) Bismark

i enjoyed reading your (perceived to be) long introduction. Typical to a strategist, i am sure you would have liked it to be in three crisp sentenses,

but have to go through the typical process of prelude, environmental scan, PEST analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismark View Post

Currently am consulting on strategy with a big MNC .Recently shifted back to NCR .Was based out of Mumbai for the last 5 odd years.

While I was away the city Delhi seems to have all swelled up.I guess NCR in another 5 years would include Modinagar to Ballabhgarh to the outskirts of Manesar to Sonepat.Why am mentioning this is that Delhi seems like a very different place now compared to half a decade ago.Housing and parking have become dearer.Place has been runover with cars.Metro has changed the face of entire West Delhi .Places around CP,Patel nagar which used to be a smoked gas chamber and commuters nightmare now stand much quieter and dignified then before while the metro breezes above you.People,crowds,colleges,markets felt a lot more polished than earlier .Probably when you stay away you start looking for differences .

Less bhangra on local TV too,instead some new musical variants like rural Haryanvi music.Its an experience trust me..So in a way felt more cosmopolitan.
SWOT analysis

Quote:
Anyways back to myself .I am an MBA more aligned to solutioning frameworks and program execution in my career .Love reading on history, politics,culture,philosophy besides my work .Am pursuing some other professional certifications too. Still looking out for a life partner,infact just started .So am not very ancient.

Love travelling alone when in the mood.Am more of a beach person than the mountain kinds.I do love hills and hillocks.Love the personality of old forts,war museaums,old portraits,weaponary.Love knowing about different cultures so "Discovery -travel and living " and "lonely planet" gives me peace.

Good fan of quality cinema .Watch some whenever i get free time which is like once in a month or so.

Don't claim to know much about cars,just ok,but now I think am in the right place.One thing that scares me out of my wits is tyre puncture.Thats a fear i have never learnt to live with and I keep imagining all types of things about my tyres every single time I drive.

Investments, resources, track record, learnings analysis

Quote:
Owned a Palio in Mumbai for the entire time ,drove it everywhere,anyhow in that congested place and out of the city.Most whacky driving done in pouring rain in the night.Must have clocked thousands of those Kms.Dadar to Thane ,Sion to Vashi to Panvel or Worli to Nariman point to Colaba to Bandra to Juhu being the all time favourites.That car grew into me, so much, so that if I woke at night I used to go to the window and look if she is ok.Or just look at it from different angles,observe with varying shades of sunlight ,and somehow was never able to fulfill the desire.It was the most satisfying car I ever owned .Except for some tyre problems never had any issue with it .Even in the flood of 2005 drove it through the entire stretch between two flooded flyover (water till the windows)and the car never stalled when the hyundais and others were all going up in smoke.Thats when I first realised the value of that machine .Anyways guys I can go on and on about it..
Stating the aspirations, needs, wants

Quote:
So Team am here , basically would have loved to be a librarian if that job paid well.By the way i also have a deep love for action sports .And offcourse eating out .The only thing I hate is loud people, who abound in Delhi.

Currently am interested in finding the last remaining libraries in Delhi.
But facing the reality

Quote:
I just bought a car in Delhi !

Had a wonderful harrowing,hilarious (spread over a couple of months) experience finding one in Delhi and selling the old one in Mumbai.Thats how(as part of the research) I came to know about Team-BHP from an avid surfer.Would love to write about the whole experience and you guys would like it ,but still can't figure out which forum .Moderator please advise.Till then you guys keep guessing which car I bought.

Thanking and closing without clearly disclosing the result.

Quote:
So guys thank you for your time and look forward to being a part of this community.

Just Kidding, no offense, welcome to Team BHP, have fun, drive safe.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:49   #3
BHPian

Welcome to T-Bhp mate !
About the car . My guess is you brought a Punto or a Linea .
Old 1st October 2009, 20:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome onboard Bismark. Tell us about your experiences with the new car and yes, some pics too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed