Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:58   #1

Howdy from Atlanta, USA !!

Hello Indian Gearheads !! I greet you from the city of Atlanta in the USA. I love big American V-8's - I have a 2000 Ford Expedition and a 2003 Dodge Chrysler Ram 1500. Also, I just finished replacing the turbo in a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Finally, the LONG TERM PROJECT involves the restoration of a 1969 Oldsmobile 442- I will post video to youtube soon enough! Anyway, I found this site because I own an Indian Manufactured tractor by a company named TAFE. They manufacture tractors/Agricultural products engineered by the Massey Ferguson Corporation (AGCO) in North America. My tractor was assembled in India and sold to me here. However, now I have to find fuel filters for it. The filters are manufactured by a company named MICO in India. However, they are not sold any longer in North America. Mico was purchased by BOSCH Corporation and they still continue to make these filters. I have contacted Bosch/Mico in India and they require a purchase of at least a couple of thousand filters to justify the inconvenience of international shipping. So, I checked Ebay(India) and found merchants selling some Mico products but not the fuel filters I need. As a result, I'm open to any suggestions!! During this time I discovered your site. I am hoping I finally found a site where Indians understand cars, work on their cars and tweak them for that custom effect. My employer might send me to Goa, India to a business conference next spring. I wonder if there are Indian parts stores (like in the USA) that will sell you fuel filters over the counter so I can buy a dozen or so!! I hear Goa is beautiful- like Miami. I'm excited to go! OK, enough about me, I think I'm going to check out some pics of some skodas on here! I love those crazy cars! THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIENDS AND ALLOWING ME TO JOIN ANOTHER GREAT CAR CLUB!
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFord View Post
Hello Indian Gearheads !! I greet you from the city of Atlanta in the USA. THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIENDS AND ALLOWING ME TO JOIN ANOTHER GREAT CAR CLUB!
welcome aboard Bigford!!
hope you like the stuff you find here. I'm sure through due course of time, some fellow TBhpian will help you buy what you are looking for. there are a lot of goans on TBhp and am sure you'll come across them too. Goa is fabulous and i say no more. the experience will talk it all. Matter of fact, you can find more info on goa in the travelogues section of this forum.
Old 2nd October 2009, 21:58   #3
BHPian

Hey BigFord .. I am also living in Atlanta .. Midtown (Near IKEA) ... Let me know if you are ever in this part of the town .. would love to see the eclipse ..
Old 4th October 2009, 19:37   #4
BHPian

Hey BigFord, Welecom to TBHP!
Hope you get a chance to be in Goa and will be able to find fuel filters here! MICO was a joint venture with Bosch and became 100% subsidiary of BOSCH more than a year ago! Check if your fuel filter is same size/spec of one sold by Mahindra (another Indian company that sells Tractors in USA). They all source their fuel system parts from MICO/BOSCH and perhaps of same capacity & size!
Old 4th October 2009, 21:55   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi BigFord, welcome !

Gany's right : check with Mahindra dealers there. Mahindra has a better presence in the US with their farm tractors, and both - Mahindra and TAFE use parts supplied by Bosch /MICO.

Just for record, MICO was Bosch's India presence for a long time, manufacturing a lot of Bosch stuff under the MICO name. Now, the name's changed to Bosch.

E-bay India will not have the part - will be much easier to have some one pick it up from TAFE / Bosch outlets and bring it across - if you know someone coming over to GA.
Old 4th October 2009, 23:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bigford,
Welcome to the forum, nice to see a person from abroad joining the club. Yes to reply to few of your questions Goa is an awesome place, but of course may be not as fun filled as Miami. But it is a fun place on its own. Hope you have good time in India.
Old 5th October 2009, 08:06   #7
BANNED

Welcome BgFord and you can surely find someone here to help you with the filters. I hope you are enjoying the big V8's on the tarmac there.
Old 5th October 2009, 08:12   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey BigFord, welcome to the forum. Can you please post the part number so that we can see if it is available in India. People in my project here in NJ keep on travelling to and fro and I can request one of them to bring it it over to USA.
Old 5th October 2009, 09:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi BigFord, Welcome to TBHP!!

I was in Alpharetta (GA) for 2.5 years.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks