Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 12:27   #1
BHPian

Kem Cho !

Translates to - Howdy ?!

I am Jignesh, currently settled in Mumbai. The thread title and the name is a sure giveaway - me 'gujjubhai'.

Well, nearly 8 months of silent browsing thru the forum and after 3 recent membership attempts, I am welcome'd in ! Thanks !

First set of 'powered wheels' I owned/drove was a Luna, back in my school days.
50 cc was all it had, all I needed and was officially permitted at the age < 18, back then.

2 years fast fwd, I ran into a truck from behind during a sudden braking situation. It didn't have the best of brakes. Fortunately, I was well, but the Luna's front was bent. Managed to put it into an autorickshaw (yeah, it was that small) and got myself home. Still get nostalgic goosebumps thinking abt it. Lol.

Here, I got into college and got promoted to the ever famous Kinetic Honda. It is 13 yrs old, still have it. Cant let go. It has survived being fully submerged in 2/3 floods without the engine ever being opened. Did I mention all of the above happened while I was studying, in my hometown - Surat ?

Coming to cars, learnt driving on the first joint family car we got - the good ol and versatile Omni. No driving classes, just a good friend in the co-passenger's seat was all I had. Was good enough, learnt well. I was humorously christned 'the official family driver' then. Quite a feat, or so I thought .

Ironically, I learnt to drive a bike 'properly' and understand gears better - only after I learnt to drive a car ! Wasnt exactly able to figure it out b4

Fast forward life some more, few yrs into my first job got MY FIRST CAR. The every lovable Zen. Bought it used, in 2004. It is now 83K+ on the odo. Still drives like a charm and makes you feel good, well almost, everytime. A long term ownership review is due here.

Fast fwd to the recent times, few months into my second job, got MY FIRST NEW CAR. The Skoda Fabia 1.2 MPI Classic, Silver it was again. 'Feels good' as its ad says. A buying experience and a short term ownership review is also due here.

In the hindsight,

- have had the experience of driving in 3 continents so far (thanks to the IT industry).

- the best ride I have driven till date was the BMW convertible - rented in the US for a weekend. Dont remember the model.

- Longest nonstop drive ever did was close to 600 miles, 7 hours (Niagara falls to Virginia). I think it was a Toyota.

I thought I knew most about cars before I came across this forum.
Then I realized how little I knew. It is a sea of information. Hats of to the Mods for keeping it in such pristine form.

Here's to an enriching experience and making some new friends here. Cheers !
Old 9th October 2009, 12:54   #2

600 miles in 7 hrs.... ! That's 960 KMs in 7 Hrs!!! When am I gonna drive like that in Chennai??? Anyways, Welcome to Team-BHP gujjubhai!!!
Old 9th October 2009, 13:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Translates to - Howdy ?!

I am Jignesh, currently settled in Mumbai. The thread title and the name is a sure giveaway - me 'gujjubhai'.

Here's to an enriching experience and making some new friends here. Cheers !
Ei Jignesss Welcome Ho

Sorry. Couldnt resist that!!!

Welcome Onboard.

If you're coming to Surat for Diwali, do see if you can make it to the meet being planned at Baroda. It would be great!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-vadodara.html
Old 9th October 2009, 13:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-N-V-A-D-E-R View Post
600 miles in 7 hrs.... ! That's 960 KMs in 7 Hrs!!! When am I gonna drive like that in Chennai??? Anyways, Welcome to Team-BHP gujjubhai!!!
Sir, those are the US freeways. Mostly empty & disciplined. The automobile and the infrastructure is built for that. People comfortably do 200 kmph speeds on German autobahns in their AUDIs & BMWs without beating a sweat.

Back in India, for me, it is a max of 60kmph in the city and seldom cross 100kmph on the highway.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:35   #5
BHPian

Jignes Bhai

Tamaru Swagat Chhe. As Bapu mentioned if you are coming to Surat during Diwali, do come for first ever meet at Vadodara. The thread as Bapu has mentioned.

Welcome aboard.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mazama cho, Jignes bhai, bhagvan ke kripa se
Tamaro Swagat Chhe, is foram ma

(yes, now i know a bit of gujarati)

drive safe, have fun.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:26   #7
BHPian

Arre, Jigness bhai, welcome, bhale padharya.

K
Old 9th October 2009, 23:52   #8

Another Jignesh!! Waah Waah!! Seems like the forum has two jiggy bhais now!!

And just for everyones info, I have done Bombay-Bangalore in 9.5 hours, including three halts for food etc totaling up to around 1.5 hours. So that makes it 8 hours. Not bad considering it is India!!
Old 13th October 2009, 08:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
Arre, Jigness bhai, welcome, bhale padharya.

K
Thanks Kartik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Another Jignesh!! Waah Waah!! Seems like the forum has two jiggy bhais now!!

And just for everyones info, I have done Bombay-Bangalore in 9.5 hours, including three halts for food etc totaling up to around 1.5 hours. So that makes it 8 hours. Not bad considering it is India!!
Now that is an awesome feat. Not many would attempt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Mazama cho, Jignes bhai, bhagvan ke kripa se
Tamaro Swagat Chhe, is foram ma

(yes, now i know a bit of gujarati)

drive safe, have fun.
That is quite good. I manage Marathi like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Jignes Bhai

Tamaru Swagat Chhe. As Bapu mentioned if you are coming to Surat during Diwali, do come for first ever meet at Vadodara. The thread as Bapu has mentioned.

Welcome aboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Ei Jignesss Welcome Ho

Sorry. Couldnt resist that!!!

Welcome Onboard.

If you're coming to Surat for Diwali, do see if you can make it to the meet being planned at Baroda. It would be great!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-vadodara.html
Ha ho. Yes, definately going to Surat for Diwali, and will try for this meet too. Time & wife permitting
Old 18th October 2009, 11:55   #10
BHPian

Welcome Jigbarai.

Maja karo cho.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks