Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 11:24   #1
BHPian

Thanks TEAM Bhp for the Opportunity!

Hello everyone,

I am Projjal Roy AKA fatboyslim, 32 years old.

I am from Assam but was born in West Bengal and brought up in the beautiful state of Meghlaya during formative years-along with a good deal of cross cultural assimilation along the way. My higher education and career aspirations provided me with wonderful opportunities to work, know, imbibe and appreciate the great diversity India has in terms of practically everything!

An avid fan of TEAM bhp for the past 2 years, I had been waiting for the right opportunity to become a member when I was confident that I could add value ot the forum.

A management consultant by profession (not by choice, I always wanted to be professor and teach), automobiles became a lifelong passion since the day I got my hands on the steering wheel of a pre-used Maruti Omni on an isolated, winding and beautiful road in Meghalaya.

I do not purport to know a lot about technical aspects of Automobiles and perhaps one of the selfish reasons (to join TEAM Bhp) is deep dive into technology of drivetrains, transmissions, ICEs etc my passion is primarily based on the sheer pleasure of driving and travelling to far off places. Though I do admit that technical knowledge is essential to make these sojourns as uneventful as possible. Moreover, I DO like a sense of discipline required to be a productive in this forum-which I find a welcome change from other forums. My wife who have been the greatest support of my idiosyncratic and random get-up-and-drive philosophy and also been the prime driver in motivating me to connect with other members at this forum with interest in automobiles.

My hobbies include watching good cinema from across the world and reading interests is varied but I do like reading fiction and non-fiction about wars, conflicts and humor (Pretty polarized)!

My precious steeds were:
2-wheelers: Bajaj Super, Kawasaki KB 100, LML Vespa Select, LML Vespa Select II, Pulsar 180 DTSi-Hope & Pray this list extends to: Yamaha R6 or Yamaha R1 (Long term)

4-Wheelers: Ambassador Mark IV, Maruti Omni, Wagor R LX, Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi-Hope & Pray this list extends to Tata Safari 2.2 VTT VX 4x4 (Short Term); Do not have a long term on this (too many variables)

Thanks very much once to everyone, I will try my level best to bring value to the forum and looking forward to interacting with all of you!

Best,
Fatboyslim

Last edited by fatboyslim : 11th October 2009 at 11:43. Reason: Apologies Missed mentioning about my Pulsar 180 DTSi
Old 11th October 2009, 11:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Projjal. Interesting name you have there, what does it mean ? We look forward to your valuable contributions on this forum.Stick around and have a nice time here.

Seeya around !!
Old 11th October 2009, 12:04   #3
BHPian

Hi rjstyles,

Thanks for welcome note. Appreciate it. Well, Projjal means "Shining bright". And yes, I do definitely want to stick around to learn and contribute.

Thanks!
Fatboyslim
Old 11th October 2009, 18:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Projjal,

Thats a well written intro. You're among many movie lovers here. I'm quite interested in world cinema too. Do share some good stuff you've seen in the shifting gears section.

Also, there are 2 threads, on classics seen in Indian movies, and in international movies. Do contribute.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:25   #5
BHPian

Thanks Predator

Hello Predator,

Nice to know there are many movie buffs on TEAM Bhp-pardon my ignorance. I shall definitely try to contribute in the relevant sections for both Indian and world cinema.

Cheers!
Fatboyslim
Old 12th October 2009, 14:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats a lovely intro Projjal. 2 years has been quite a long time to convert from a guest to a member. Its never too late though. Since you like to get and drive do check out the Travelogues Section where you post reports of some of your trips. Apart from the car threads, you might also like our thread on Pure Cinema.

Do take time to go through the Rules section to help you understand the working of the forum better.

Welcome to Team BHP
Old 12th October 2009, 17:36   #7
BHPian

Travelogue Section

Hi Dippy,

Thanks Dippy for the kind words!

The travelogue section is what I intend to contribute regularly-one of my core competencies-but miles to go before I achieve 10 % of what Mr. Hvkumar has achieved. Truly an inspiration!

I and my better half took a trip in my Fiesta from Raipur-Gauripur (Assam)-Raipur (round trip of around 3700 KM) to surprise my folks back home.
I had not informed them at all and kept calling them during the drive to make sure their suspicion was not aroused.

(For Film buffs, Gauripur is the Birth Place of P.C.Barua-the man who gave the first Celluloid Devdas on Screen. First in Bengali with him in lead 1935 and later in Hindi with with the legendary K.L Saigal in lead 1936. Sorry for the offtrack comment)

It cost me a good deal of money-my vehicle being a Petrol Fiesta et al but the look of my folks face when they saw me, "Priceless"!

I had planned the trip with the help of several posts in the forum about the road conditions and the routes. Special thanks to AKRoy on the Kol-Siliguri Strech and several members (Sorry not good with names and IDs but I hope to improve with time-team member with ID similar starting with WIn with a red swift...who had taken a trip from Raipur to Kol through Cuttack). I reckon another Bhpian took the trip in an esteem to Sikkim on the same dates as me along the same routes in the Kol-Siliguri section but I missed him by a couple of hours. Need to definitely have the TEAM Bhp stickers on for identification purposes.

I will post the pics soon, had the opportunity to have glimpses of Durga Puja in Chattisgarh, Orissa, West Bengal and Assam.

Cheers!
Fatboyslim
Old 12th October 2009, 23:29   #8
BANNED

Hello There,
Welcome to Team BHP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed