Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 15:15   #1
MX6
Senior - BHPian

A Big Hello

Dear All,

First a big thanks to the Moderators for approving my request. I'd tried registering over the past 4 - 5 weeks and got it wrong every time. Finally I'm in, and feel priveleged.

I'm in the IT field. The only thing I've acheived being here is drive all kinds of vehicles, and travel extensively. When in US, I used to rent out every kind of car and go on long drive. I realised after 1 year that I clocked slightly above 60000 miles. Every alternate weekend I used to rent and drive and also put on 33K Miles on my own car. In short, I lived like a truck driver, driving to all corners.

I have a passion for driving. Other than that, my interests include photography and visiting places. Been to 20 odd countries and travelled extensively in India as well.

I started off initially like any other youngster, trying to break all kinds of speed barriers. 100 kmph, 150 kmph, 100 mph, finally 200 kmph.

I have sobered now and seldom do over 80 - 90 on highways and 40 inside the city. Guess, it shows the maturity.

My first car was the good old premier padmini, I still miss is as my father sold it off for 8000 bucks when I was out of India. I currently own a Ford Ikon Flair 1.3 (bought it second hand 2 months back and have already put over 7000 kms).

I recently went on a 1800 km drive from Pune to Udupi through all kinds of roads and back in just 36 hours. Drove all alone. Will post that as a travelogue.

I love reading other travelogues here and will soon start posting mine as well. The main problem is that I do all the driving alone and hence photography during that becomes a bit cumbersome. Hope the combination of me, ford and pentax works wonders and inspires other reader as well like how I'm inspired.

Once again thanks all people for having me in.
Regards
MX6
p.s.: MX6 was the car I had in US. I loved that. I still love that and miss it a lot.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey MX6, that's a nice intro! Welcome to Team Bhp & here's wishing you a pleasant stay here. An automobile enthusiast with a flair for photography & a desire to travel - sounds like an unbeatable combination!

Do take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the Rules & Announcements which will make your ride smoother. See you around the forum & waiting eagerly for your first Travelogue
Old 13th October 2009, 15:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I currently own a Ford Ikon Flair 1.3 (bought it second hand 2 months back and have already put over 7000 kms).

I recently went on a 1800 km drive from Pune to Udupi through all kinds of roads and back in just 36 hours. Drove all alone. Will post that as a travelogue.
So, 1800KMs all alone in 36hours. Waiting for the travelogue!
Old 13th October 2009, 21:37   #4
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Welcome friend.

So, 1800KMs all alone in 36hours. Waiting for the travelogue!
Of course, I had a 24 hour break at my home inbetween the 1800 kms. I've already posted that as a travelogue with photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hey MX6, that's a nice intro! Welcome to Team Bhp & here's wishing you a pleasant stay here. An automobile enthusiast with a flair for photography & a desire to travel - sounds like an unbeatable combination!

Do take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the Rules & Announcements which will make your ride smoother. See you around the forum & waiting eagerly for your first Travelogue
Thanks for the invite. I've posted my first travelogue already! 1800 kms 60 hours is the title.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th October 2009 at 22:03. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Old 14th October 2009, 11:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome onbard MX6, Hope you have nice time in the forum and keep sharing about your exeprience of driving aroung in US.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:46   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Mx-6,

Howdy fellow car owner ! I used to own the same car until two weeks back when I sold it off. I'm glad that you liked it so much, I bought my 94 Mx-6 as a student car, drove it about for 25k miles in about 2.5yrs. It was loaded for sure but had no power despite having a manual tranny. Did you own a LS or V-6 ?
Old 14th October 2009, 21:31   #7
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Mx-6,

Howdy fellow car owner ! I used to own the same car until two weeks back when I sold it off. I'm glad that you liked it so much, I bought my 94 Mx-6 as a student car, drove it about for 25k miles in about 2.5yrs. It was loaded for sure but had no power despite having a manual tranny. Did you own a LS or V-6 ?
I had an LS. Incidentally that was a 94 model too! It was auto tranny. I had memorable trips with that one. Hence my name
Old 15th October 2009, 08:43   #8
BANNED

Hi MX6,
That's an awful lot of driving you do, though I too enjoy driving my job ensures that never get too far!!
Welcome to this forum and take time to browse the threads of interest.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:10   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Welcome onbard MX6, Hope you have nice time in the forum and keep sharing about your exeprience of driving aroung in US.
Will dig out from my archives. I left US almost 4 years back! Now I'm busy setting pune roads on fire!
Old 15th October 2009, 12:12   #10
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Hi MX6,
That's an awful lot of driving you do, though I too enjoy driving my job ensures that never get too far!!
Welcome to this forum and take time to browse the threads of interest.
Thank you Zaks. I already spend over 2 - 3 hours on an average daily on these forums!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks