Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 14:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hi & welcome to Team-BHP. Listen to your heart on this one.

This will even make SupremeBaleno to blush. Those are unbelievable figures.
Thanks Lover. But the fact I am amused is when my dad drives he gets 17-19(Average around 60-70km/hr) in city limits and on highways 24-26(80-90km/hr). For me it is around 1-2 kms less in both version.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:50   #17
BHPian

Welcome Aboard.

As for your dilemma about buying Safari, go through the long term ownership reports from some of the senior members and mods of this forum. You will find that Safari is reliable and costs almost the same to maintain as any other cars of its size. I don't work for Tata. It is just that I am one of the satisfied long term owners of this SUV.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:07   #18
BHPian

It seems 4x4 Skoda Yeti will be between 14-15 lacs but will be a competent off roader. Between Safari and Scorpio, I think the later is better. Safari is more spacious, comfortable and commands more prestige on road, but is plagued by poor Tata *** and unreliablity. Whereas Scorpio is comparatively more reliable, but lacks interior space. Now its up to you and your expectations.
Old 10th November 2009, 19:43   #19
BHPian

Shishir,

Welcome onboard.

I understand your dilemma between Scorpio and Safari. For all its faults Safari has a charm of its own. I own a SCorpio SLX for the past 5+ years and done close to 70,000 km. I have had no major complaints with the car. The biggest plus point in my experience is the absolute reliability of the car. Of course there little little problems, but nothing major. Have done quite a few long trips and its been a very reliable car all the time. Having said that I still have a soft corner for Safari.

Once you have made up your mind please let us know.

Raja
Old 11th November 2009, 09:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
It seems 4x4 Skoda ............, but lacks interior space. Now its up to you and your expectations.
Thanks "Dr" for making it simple to understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSY RAJA View Post
Shishir,

Welcome onboard.

I understand your dilemma between Scorpio and Safari. For all its faults Safari has a charm of its own. I own a SCorpio SLX for the past 5+ years and done close to 70,000 km. I have had no major complaints with the car. The biggest plus point in my experience is the absolute reliability of the car. Of course there little little problems, but nothing major. Have done quite a few long trips and its been a very reliable car all the time. Having said that I still have a soft corner for Safari.

Once you have made up your mind please let us know.

Raja
Thanks Raja for the welcome.After seeing your message my plan to have a Scorpio has strengthened but like you even i also have a soft corner for Safari
Closed Thread

Most Viewed