Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 16:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Taking a plunge finally after 4 years

Dear BHPians,

So finally after sitting on the sidelines for almost 4 years I decided to take a plunge into the forum. I have seen this site grow enormously from a simple blog/website where you could just see/post the review like any other website. But as you all know with age, experience and respect also grows and the same holds good for TEAM-BHP website also. I feel no where you can see that moderators of a forum going through each comments and scrutinizing it before it is in readable format. Imagine 1000’s of users posting their comments and these guys moderating it.

Coming to me: I am from Bangalore and I am an auto enthusiast like many others on this site. I tried registering into the forum many time but got rejected. So finally this time I was approved. Then I realized the worth to get a membership. Without registering to the forum you can read all the comments in all sections but it is like reading news paper but you cannot give an opinion on the article (This is what I was doing from past 4 years). Finally I couldn’t resist and the fact sunk into me that this website will be here for much more time than I realized.

Coming to my Desire: Currently I am planning to buy an SUV. But my childhood dream and my HEART says to buy a Safari. But seeing the after sales service and many of the comments/criticism on the Safari ( like the cost of services, visits to the service centre and the problems owners have faced from day 1 of purchase) my MIND says to go for Scorpio. But I am inclined to Safari itself. From past 2 months I have read so many threads on Safari and Scorpio and then also I am confused on what to do. Since this will be a big investment for me I cannot gamble. So it might still take time for me to finalize. But until that time I am happy with my Dad’s car (MATIZ). It gives me 18-20 in City and 24-26 on highways. I even drive a Pulsar (2nd generation) and it has covered 60000kms with an average of 55-57kmpl.

Hoping to have a good time with all the BHPians.

Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 9th November 2009 at 16:47.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:24   #2
BHPian

4 years is a long time! Welcome!
Old 9th November 2009, 17:28   #3
BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP!!.
you will surely find an solution on selecting the SUV.
Waiting for 4 years
Old 9th November 2009, 17:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
4 years is a long time! Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Welcome to Team BHP!!.
you will surely find an solution on selecting the SUV.
Waiting for 4 years
Proxima and Sudan_NFS, thanks for the welcome. Frankly speaking 4 years can be taken as a phase where I couldn't spend much time on the net as I was in the field work. But now things have changed and I have access to net all the time. So now there will be no delay in response
Old 9th November 2009, 17:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

4 years is a long time. Glad to finally have you on board. You seem to be in an SUV dilemma but I'm sure the numerous Scorpio and Safari threads will eventually help you make that all important decision. Till then, how about a long term ownership review on your dad's Matiz.
Take a stop at the Rules section to familiarize yourself with the working of the forum.

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:55   #6
BHPian

Welcome. By reading the title, I thought you were getting married.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dippy. Sure i will put up a LTO of Matiz. I will go through the rules section and then start with my expereince on the FE car(Matiz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Welcome. By reading the title, I thought you were getting married.
Thanks. It is like second marriage for me. To buy a SUV is a daunting task which requires many calculation which I had mentioned in the introduction itself. Never-the-less for getting the second wife(i mean SUV. hope my wife doesn't see this and take the literal meaning ) it will take some more time.

Last edited by bblost : 9th November 2009 at 18:10. Reason: back 2 back posts
Old 9th November 2009, 18:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome. Congratulations on getting in. You haven't told us what you do, so please oblige if you can

Have fun choosing an SUV for yourself, they're not my cup of tea but I'm sure you'll do well considering the research you're putting in.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:06   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Thanks Dippy. Sure i will put up a LTO of Matiz. I will go through the rules section and then start with my expereince on the FE car(Matiz)

Thanks. It is like second marriage for me. To buy a SUV is a daunting task which requires many calculation which I had mentioned in the introduction itself. Never-the-less for getting the second wife(i mean SUV. hope my wife doesn't see this and take the literal meaning ) it will take some more time.
Welcome Dippy. I'm smitten by both Scorpio and Safari too and been scouting around reading every review that's thrown in the net. Anyways, for me it would be a second hand (major issues on the finance side ).
And regarding the second marriage, my wife clearly knows that between her and cars, she always comes second.
Welcome to the club.
Old 9th November 2009, 21:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Welcome. Congratulations on getting in. You haven't told us what you do, so please oblige if you can

Have fun choosing an SUV for yourself, they're not my cup of tea but I'm sure you'll do well considering the research you're putting in.
Thanks Pranav.I am working as a mechanical engineer. Still lots of things are running in mind between SUV/SX4/Verna. Have to see what will come out finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Welcome Dippy. I'm smitten by both Scorpio and Safari too and been scouting around reading every review that's thrown in the net. Anyways, for me it would be a second hand (major issues on the finance side ).
And regarding the second marriage, my wife clearly knows that between her and cars, she always comes second.
Welcome to the club.
Thanks MX6. Even i also have a BIG financial problem but trying to stretch a little bit and this will happen only after full recession recovery
Old 9th November 2009, 23:51   #11
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Apologies. I intended to welcome Shishir and typed Dippy erroneously.
Welcome Shishir.
Old 10th November 2009, 13:31   #12
BHPian

welcome shishir
another option coming up in the near future is the skoda yeti
but price notkown yet
Old 10th November 2009, 14:09   #13
BHPian

welcome shishir,

you seem to be a very relaxed driver. the averages are simply superb for those two vehicles.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedoc View Post
welcome shishir
another option coming up in the near future is the skoda yeti
but price notkown yet
Thanks DOC. But if the price is more than 7-8L then it will not be a stretch for me rather it will be a huge long jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
welcome shishir,

you seem to be a very relaxed driver. the averages are simply superb for those two vehicles.
Thanks gagan. Infact on weekdays due to heavy traffic i don't want to take risks. So i will be riding on an avg 50kms (bikes). But on weekend i go for long trips and blast the vehicle. It has done both the things. As far as the car goes,since it my dad's i don't blast it. On highways i ride at 100-110 when going long trips.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2009 at 14:22. Reason: Use multi quote please and/or wait for mod approval to edit the original post. Thanks
Old 10th November 2009, 14:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi & welcome to Team-BHP. Listen to your heart on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Dad’s car (MATIZ). It gives me 18-20 in City and 24-26 on highways. I even drive a Pulsar (2nd generation) and it has covered 60000kms with an average of 55-57kmpl.
This will even make SupremeBaleno to blush. Those are unbelievable figures.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks