Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 12:50   #1
BHPian

Nice to be part of the team

Dear Friends,

Feels great to be part of this forum. I am Shankar Prasad a mechanical engineer from National Institute of Engineering Mysore passing out in 1986.

Has been a part of a company manufacturing Dry Fright Containers in Bangalore and moved to Mysore to start my own Press Components unit. After almost 2 decades I came out of the company to change my line to Internet and Broadband.In 2004 I was the first in the country to put entire Mysore on the WiFi map. The whole city was WiFi enabled. Now I am part of a team to train students in class 8 to 12 to get into IIT's and NIT's, apart from running the biggest and first Cable TV company in Mysore

I have an Opel Astra Club Class which I bought it in 2001 and just love it. I am an auto freak and keep tweaking and dabbling with my car often.

Thanks for letting me in.

shanks
Mysore

Last edited by Dippy : 16th November 2009 at 16:38.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Putting an entire city on Wifi is quite a feat. You sure have come a long way in your career. From containers to broadband and now Cable TV havent you seen them all? Hows the experience of training IIT aspirants?

Coming to cars, the Astra Club was by far the best of the lot in Astra lineup. This was the model that came with a sunroof if I'm not wrong. A long term ownership review of your would make for an interesting read. Be sure to start a thread in our reviews section.

Take time to go through the Rules of the forum to know how the forum functions.

Welcome to Team BHP Shankar.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:52   #3
BHPian

shanks
that is an amazing career path you have chosen and fulfilled.
Kind of mesemerized. hehe
welcome to the forum and do share your technical expertise with us

regards
Vampire
Old 16th November 2009, 16:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey shankar nice to know you. I am also basically from Msyore and even i passed out from NIE in 1999. I know things you have done in 2004. But i couldn't meet you due to place constraint. Never-the-less welcome to the group.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:21   #5
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I read about the wifi mysore in paper years back. Never imagined I'd run in to the person who did that in a forum! welcome.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:28   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard shanks, in the year 2004 you did the whole city of Mysore wifi enabled, sounds like wonderful as I think at that time majority of people didnt know what the wifi was!!
Awesome work man..

Tell us more about your affection towards the automobiles.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks