Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 19:51   #1
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have been lurking on these forums for a while now and have recently signed up.

A little about me. I grew up in Bombay and moved here a few years ago. I currently reside in the suburbs of Washington DC.

Following are the pictures of my ride. I picked her up in 2007 and she is bone stock. Was toying with modifying her (since there a lot of reflash programs available for pocket change), but changed my mind since she is fast enough to get me into trouble. I really hope they introduce this engine in India in the 3er, since according to me this package is a whole lot better for Indian roads than the M3 with near identical performance figures for a considerable less amount of money. Also since this is a TT engine, the pickup is scintillating.

Stats-

Model: e92 335i
Engine: N54
capacity: 3.0L
Aspiration: Twin Turbo
rated hp: ~330
rated torque: ~ 450- 460Nm
0 - 60: 4.8s
transmission: ZF 6-speed manual
wheels: 18"
tires: F:225/40 ZR18, R:255/35 ZR18

Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings and salutations from Washington DC-picture-026.jpg  

Greetings and salutations from Washington DC-picture-030.jpg  

Greetings and salutations from Washington DC-picture-031a.jpg  

Greetings and salutations from Washington DC-picture-033a.jpg  

Greetings and salutations from Washington DC-picture-037.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th November 2009 at 10:32. Reason: Post with pics moved to begining of thread.
Old 14th November 2009, 22:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Buddy,
Welcome to Team BHP.

Enjoy your stay here.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th November 2009 at 10:33. Reason: Pics have been re-uploaded. Thanks.
Old 15th November 2009, 10:01   #3
BHPian

welcome home buddy by the way since you are in washington could you say a big hello to Mr Obama from all of us here
nice set of wheels you got there
Old 15th November 2009, 10:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

ha!ha!ha! I am the answer...Kilometers and kilometers.. in these days of degenerating decency of Miami beach to Washington DC when diplomacy and supercity become interchangeable from complicated America to America!!

Well, in case you are wondering If I've gone mad, this is the answer you should give if a mallu asks you the distance from Washington DC to Miami beach! <don't ask why >
Old 15th November 2009, 19:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
welcome home buddy by the way since you are in washington could you say a big hello to Mr Obama from all of us here
nice set of wheels you got there
Thanks you sir. However, the 'saying hi' to Obama bit may be a little difficult
Old 16th November 2009, 22:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard E92335. Told you it takes a while but you do get here in one piece . Do read the rules and other important stuff. Now you can get a load of info that you were looking for about imports in India and you sure can contribute to the site. Cheers and drive the 335 safely.
Old 16th November 2009, 22:22   #7
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
ha!ha!ha! I am the answer...Kilometers and kilometers.. in these days of degenerating decency of Miami beach to Washington DC when diplomacy and supercity become interchangeable from complicated America to America!!

Well, in case you are wondering If I've gone mad, this is the answer you should give if a mallu asks you the distance from Washington DC to Miami beach! <don't ask why >
And the mallu will roll around laughing. Especially the one's who have come back from American Junction!
Old 17th November 2009, 00:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Welcome aboard E92335. Told you it takes a while but you do get here in one piece . Do read the rules and other important stuff. Now you can get a load of info that you were looking for about imports in India and you sure can contribute to the site. Cheers and drive the 335 safely.
Thank you sir! she is already 60,000 kms old
Old 17th November 2009, 10:38   #9
BHPian

U drive a manual in the U S of A ? <applause>
Great condition for a 60 k miles old car. Sleek interiors, esp the color.

Enjoy your stay here.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Thank you sir! she is already 60,000 kms old
These snaps are from when you got the car brother . Put in current ones, to show us how many scratches you have put onto her . Do let us know of any Mods done and New plans for the baby. Boy i wish they brought the 335i to India.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:10   #11
BHPian

Welcome Aboard.

The driver seat thigh support looks a bit elevated than the passenger seat, does the seat have the settings to adjust these as well or is it my eyes
Old 17th November 2009, 18:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Welcome Aboard.

The driver seat thigh support looks a bit elevated than the passenger seat, does the seat have the settings to adjust these as well or is it my eyes
Not on the the side, but the front can be adjusted manually. It also has electrically adjustable side bolsters that will keep you firmly planted in your seat during a spirited drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
U drive a manual in the U S of A ? <applause>
Great condition for a 60 k miles old car. Sleek interiors, esp the color.

Enjoy your stay here.
I love this car but in a way I regret my decision, not because I don't like the manual, but my abhor-ration towards an autobox was quickly displaced when I drove a 335 auto. That thing moves and somehow felt a lot quicker than my car.

The ZF transmission is very notchy and needs a lot of work and presence of mind to get a smooth shift. You always need to rev match it, which can get challenging in less than ideal conditions

But I dont think I have ever enjoyed a car so much as I do this one, and I have driven quite a lot of powerful rides, and almost bought an M5 and a cayman. The M5 felt relentless, without the drama of my car, blisteringly quick but deceptive since you do not get the feeling of that rapid acceleration. The TT engine on the other hand gives you that G thrust and throws you back in your seat like you were engaging hyperdrive

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th November 2009 at 19:26. Reason: Back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks