Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 19:07   #1
BHPian

at home at last, bullock-car from Bangalore

Hi friends
I am bullock-car from bangalore.(where cars move at bullock cart speed) and i am an engineer (mech) working in aero engine research. Like to know "why and "how" of auto,computers and technology. (profession hazard and sheer love of it).
I am motoring for last 20 years and have followed the auto boon closely and have wanted to own many of them ,but had to settle for (rx-100,m-800,ANHC(recent addition)), and incidentally a bullock-cart at native!!

I have following team-bhp, got immensely benefited and have a lot to share with this community.
Looking forward for virtual motoring.
-raju
Old 19th November 2009, 01:33   #2
BHPian

Go 4x4, four on the floor, with "Blow up Your Video" by AC/DC blasting on your 16 speakers as you rocket down the freeway from Silk Board to Dharmapuri at a sizzling 160 kmph at 6 am, and then get ready to become airborne. Welcome to University of Petrolhead.

Django
Old 19th November 2009, 11:48   #3
BHPian

Hi Django
I did go the Silk board to Dharmpuri all the way to Vellore, it was an awesome journey with mountains, clouds and light drizzle, one of the best motorable journey from bangalore, only lakshman rekha was the running in limits of 2500 RPM.
Looking forward to test the limits.
Old 19th November 2009, 13:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the group guys, So another 2 from bangalorean joining the T-BHP team. Nice to see.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:11   #5
BHPian

Bullock- car ! nice name though.

Welcome on board.keep contributing , but wisely.

have a nice time.One more from the HUMPS CAPITAL OF INDIA !
Old 19th November 2009, 16:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Bullock- car ! nice name though.

Welcome on board.keep contributing , but wisely.

have a nice time.One more from the HUMPS CAPITAL OF INDIA !
Comeon dude we are safe only because of these humps or else you know how BMTC buses and these cab drivers ride. You would not have crossed a single road without these humps.
Old 20th November 2009, 23:30   #7
BHPian

You do have very interesting name Bullock-Car. Looking forward for some interesting experiences from you.
Old 21st November 2009, 00:21   #8
BHPian

I made that same trip too. Silk Board to Vellore. This was to attend a wedding in Vellore. Two cars, a Santro and my then trusty 800, which kept up with the Santro at 130 kmph. Got there in double quick time, we did.

Also did Bangalore to Pondycherry and not via Chennai ECR either. On the Dharmapuri road there is a Pondy turnoff. Had a blast. This trip was in a Zen Estilo. Great fun.

Also done Bangalore Cochin and Bangalore-Trivandrum loads of times. Each time, the length of journey keeps getting longer. The Calicut Cochin road via Guruvayoor is pretty bad. That 200 km took a long long time to traverse. The other road, the Coimbatore one, due to the Golden Quadrilangle work going on, one is never sure of oneself so cant go too fast. Also the missus frowns on overspeeding. Her eyebrows begin to arch once the speedo crosses 100. Put it down to a load of bad experiences at freeway speeds in West Africa, there her eyebrows began to arch once the speedo crossed 160.

Anyways, as someone said in the thread above, this is the only way one can get out from the hump capital of India. They now coined a new word..Jamaluru.

Keep on revvin' pardner.

Django
Old 21st November 2009, 09:41   #9
BHPian

Welcome aboard guys! Go thorugh the forum rules to be familier in this world and drive safe! Looking forword to your post on travelogue!
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:01   #10
BHPian

welcome to the forum Bullock-car!
Hope once the metro rail starts is, we may get changed to Metro-car.
Speed breakers should act as speed breakers & not as body breakers.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:58   #11

Hey bullock-car, my first day at the university of petrolheads! I love long drives too and I don't understand why people use planes when they have cars
Old 25th November 2009, 02:27   #12
BHPian

Looks like most of the people on this thread are new

Welcome guys. Please make sure you read and understand Team-BHP rules. Have a pleasant stay here.

Rajan
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks