Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 23:45   #1

A big Hello from Canada

Hi all,

I would like to first wish all the people in the Forum living in mumbai, our very best. You guys are doing what needs to be done. Walk tall and be proud. May this day is always remebered not for the attacks that took place. But the day where all Indians finally united.

Anyways, a bit about myself. I was recently, based in Calgary Canada. Where I have lived for about 8 years. I have had the pleasure of driving a few cars over the years.
Currently I have a v6 accord HONDA, and my personal fav 'The Beast' V8 5 lit mercedes benz S500.
Previously I have had , maruti suzuki: 800, gypsy, esteem. Mecedes 190 E, 200 , E300, E320.

How did I come across the forum?
I formed a company a while back, the intention was to bring adventure activties to INDIA, Being a speed fanatic my self I wanted to invest in locations where these activites could be practised in a SAFE manner.
So, I started my research looking for dirt bike tracks and racing facilites in India and came accross BHP.
I looked around and you guys seem to help one another out a lot. So I decided to become a FAN of BHP and offer my advice to anyone that would like some. and In return I ask people to maybe answer my queries once in a while.
Moderators you guys are doing heck of a job, God bless and keep up the good work.

( The intention is not to use the Forum as an ad campaign for my company, But as a genuine Fan of this site.)
I will be happy to answer your BHP related question in the forum posts and every Business related questions of the forum (private msg)
Old 26th November 2009, 00:54   #2
BHPian

@pilotbaba - Welcome to TBHP!!! Do read the Announcements section before you start posting.. Hope you have an excellent stay. BTW, do post some pics of your MB S500
Old 26th November 2009, 11:46   #3
BHPian

hello pilotbaba.

welcome onboard. wish you a long stay.

you know every time i check a canada specific website of any vehicle manufacturer, i am always surprised by the non-availability of diesel engine option

why do none of the manufacturers offer diesel in canada?

i know unlike india the price of petrol and diesel will be same in canada, but so is the case in europe too, still so many people buy diesels ( i mean modern diesels).

do canadian market not have much licking for diesels?

so far i have only found volkswagen offering diesel over there.

does canada not have many diesel bunks?
Old 26th November 2009, 12:45   #4
BHPian

welcome board.
Hope you have lot of interesting tales to tell.
Old 27th November 2009, 00:44   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard.

Let me point you to this thread for a quick look : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...k-khopoli.html

cya
R
Old 30th November 2009, 22:05   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
hello pilotbaba.

welcome onboard. wish you a long stay.

you know every time i check a canada specific website of any vehicle manufacturer, i am always surprised by the non-availability of diesel engine option

why do none of the manufacturers offer diesel in canada?

i know unlike india the price of petrol and diesel will be same in canada, but so is the case in europe too, still so many people buy diesels ( i mean modern diesels).

Hi PB 10 Gagan,

PB 10 (ludhiana license plate) Are you from Ludhiana? Gagan.

Any ways, To answer your question. You are right. VW is the only passenger car i know in Canada with a deisil engine.

There are many pick ups that come with deisel options. Mainly used for towing.

Now two reasons for not going diesel in Canada.
1. Cost of Diesel in North america is slightly more that regular gasoline.
2. Weather. Canada's winters are one of the most sever. And we all know Diesel engines do not do so well in minus 47 degs windchill.

Besides, the road are open here with less traffic. and hi way leagal speed is 110 kmh. (I got clocked by a RCMP officer doing 197 Kmh, 390 $ fine, Not fun)
For speed and pick up, I would think the petrol versions do better here than diesel. Most of the big hauling trucks also are petrol.
On the bright side DAIMOND Aircrafts are now building the first deisel powered airplane. So there might be a future for deisel in North America
I hope I answered your question Gagan. Let me know if you have more questions.
cheers
Old 30th November 2009, 23:12   #7
BHPian

Welcome pilotbaba! Good to see more people from this side of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
hello pilotbaba.

Volkswagen /Audi
BMW
Mercedes Benz

The main issue is that the auto industry is very related to the one in US and hence there's the artificial blocking of diesel powered cars. I am sure things are changing as I have noticed a lot more TDI and Bluetec badges lately. Manufacturers are silently offering diesel options - hopefully it'll filter down to not so luxury segment too.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbaba View Post
Hi PB 10 Gagan,

PB 10 (ludhiana license plate) Are you from Ludhiana? Gagan.
yes pilotbaba, i hail for ludhiana.

thanks for the detailed reply.

if i got it right then the reasons for not having much of diesel in north america are:-
- weather
- politics
- cost

well i guess with direct injection gasoline even petrols will have nice torque curves.

so do Canada have a market which is dominated by american brands like ford, GM etc or do other world/European brands have enough presence?

also where does Japs and Hyundai stand in Canadian market?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed