Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 23:43   #1
BHPian

Keshav from Chennai/UAE

Hello Guys

I have just got my access to T-BHP. I have been following this forum for the past year and I must say that a lot of ideas and knowledge has been passed on till date. I am hoping to add to this as well as clear all my doubts on maintenance and ownership of my car. I used to own a Palio 1.6 GTX 2002 model (seems to be a favourite here). I had to sell it a few years back as I had to move out of the country. I now own a Ford Ikon 1.6 NXT 2005. I look for Power and handling in a car more than anything else. How else can you enjoy the open highway

I tend to travel to UAE quite often. Whenever I am in Chennai,I make it a point to use my Ford to the Maximum. Long Distance travel has always been by car whereever it may be. I hope to make a lot of friends here so that we can discuss everything about automobiles and have a rocking time

Regards
Keshav
Old 27th November 2009, 18:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Keshav, good to see another Ikon owner, and welcome to TBHP.
How about an ownership report on your car, and travelogues for all the long drives as well?

Where in the UAE are you based? I studied in Dubai, before i moved to India after my studies.

Do check out the Announcements section of the forum for the forum guidelines. See you around!
Old 28th November 2009, 05:49   #3
BHPian

Hi benbsb29

I work in Abu dhabi but keeping travelling to india every 2 months or so.I am just getting started with my ownership report.its been great having the ford,Although I do miss the Palio at times. I didnt really know the value of Fiat cars back in college. A long of pics coming up soon

Cheers
Keshav
Old 28th November 2009, 09:26   #4
BHPian

Nice to see some Chennaites registering along with me!!

I always wanted my first car to be a Ford Ikon. Due to the needs at that moment of time went in for a WagonR Vxi. Would have been over the cloud if it was an Ikon, however I am not disappointed either. The WagonR Vxi does serves its purpose very well and I have started falling for it. She is a Beauty catering to all my needs!!
Old 28th November 2009, 21:55   #5
BHPian

Hi jasonbourne

WagonrR is quite a reliable car. My friend owns one for the past 10 years and its still going strong. The ford on the other hand drives better but is a little more expensive to maintain. My Ikon is actually a used one.I got the 05 model in 07. it had run only 18000 km and was/is in pretty good shape.
Old 29th November 2009, 00:09   #6
BHPian

Yes Indeed! It is very much reliable. I did get an oppurtunity to have a look at a second hand Ford Ikon before I went in for the new WagonR. It was in pretty bad shape so the deal never happened. The best thing in WagonR I personally like is the Commanding view from the Driver seat and the ease with which I can Get in and out of the car. (I am pretty hefty! )
Closed Thread

Most Viewed