Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 04:19   #1
BHPian

Lemon Whacky Hello

Among the myriad of these pretty run of the mill introduction's, I thought why not attempt something unorthodox, and so am going to start off my introduction with a short narrative of how our OHC was booked way back in 2002.

' The shrill ring of the phone pierced through the afternoon silence like, a train's whistle shattering the shackles of the moonlit forest at night. Afraid that this occurrence might interrupt his grandmother's siesta, Bhuvan lunged towards the phone. A quick glance at the LCD screen and he recognized the mumbai number as his father's. Why would he call now, he wondered while simultaneously picking up the receiver and saying - "Hello"

"Bhuvan. Give me Sundaram Honda's fax number"

"Umm but dad, i don't have it"

"Well, i give you 5 minutes to find it from whichever source you deem correct and up to date"

"5 minutes? But why do you want the number?"

"I have to send them the booking form back with..."

Bhuvan interrupted his father - "booking form!! "

"Yes, you heard me right, i'll call back in 5 minutes by which you better have the number"
There was an explosion of thoughts in Bhuvan's mind. The tone of the hung up phone was acting like a timer already set off. He knew his dad was interested in getting the OHC, but so soon and with such surety. He was happy, tense, and in short clueless of what to do. He opened up the telephone directory but then shut it thinking it will take way too much time. Then he thought he'd call his cousin, who bought a Vtec 4 months ago. Frantically he dialed the number.

"Dude, give me sundaram hondas number", screamed bhuvan once his cousin answered the phone

"Why anna? and i don't have it?"

"How can you not have it re? look for some service bill or something"

"All those are in the car and the cars gone out with aunty"

"damn, what do i tell my dad now, he'll call back in 5 minutes"

"Call justdial, its this new thing they have everyone's number"

Bhuvan barely heared the whole number, before slamming the phone down, and then dialed justdial. Each second he was on hold seemed like an eternity. Finally he got the number.
His dad called as expected after 5 minutes and he gave the number.

The car came only after a month. Bhuvan never got to see her, till the delivery day. For 20 days she was lying in the go-down because his dad was out of town and could not take delivery. The accessories were decided by his sister, as he could not go to the showroom that day as he had a physics exam the next day.

All these irregularities aside, when the car came home, he fell in love with it. He would spend hours sitting in the stationary vehicle listening to music on the sub-par audio system. When he got his license in 2004 he would take it out occasionally, and would love everything about it. He would grin stupidly when later, he drove the maruti 800 and kept checking to see if the A/C or handbrake were on as the car just felt so sluggish after the Honda.

75,000 Kms its done. Still purrs away like a dream. It's not just a car, it's an irreplaceable aura'

If you're reading this, then my heartfelt thanks to you for going through my entire 4AM spark of prose. Yes, I am Bhuvan, the protagonist in the story. Am 23 years old and from Hyderabad, but currently in Kolkata, completing my 2nd year of MBA from IIM Calcutta. I get my mechanical bent of mind from my father, who other than spending the whole of Sunday afternoon under his 1963 Fiat 1100 has other creations like a home-made cooler, book shelves etc. to his credit. At home, we currently have the OHC, ikon 1.6 and a wagon-r. Have loved reading a few threads in this forum, and am looking forward and hoping to make meaningful contributions to them, now that I am a member. Thanks once a again and have a nice day.

P.S: Credit for the topic title goes to the brilliant sitcom - 'Just Shoot Me'. If you haven't seen it yet, i suggest you give it a shot.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2010, 09:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard. Wagon R excepted, you seem to have got some of the more affordable driver oriented cars.

Start collecting the VW, Audi, BMW etc fax nos! And check out the posting rules etc!
Old 9th January 2010, 09:24   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard, Bhuvan.

I was pleasure reading your narration. Have a great stay at TBHP and look forward to meeting you sometime on the roads of Hyderabad.

Cheers.
Old 9th January 2010, 14:48   #4
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Welcome aboard. Wagon R excepted, you seem to have got some of the more affordable driver oriented cars.

Start collecting the VW, Audi, BMW etc fax nos! And check out the posting rules etc!

haha, good one. I doubt any of those are going to be the next car at home. I think its going to be a polo/ritz which is going to replace the ikon, which has become quite old and though running properly, is giving electrical(stereo) and a/c problems. Oh, and I went through the rules and FAQ section before posting. Thanks for the reminder though.

@ Ardy: thanks, appreciate the fact that you read all of it and liked it . Will be down in Hyd next in march, so maybe we'll bump into each other then.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed