Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 22:50   #1
BHPian

Hi there everybody 'Vanakkam'

Hi everyone,
Confucius says,
dont run in front of a car you will be tiered.
Dont run after it you will be exhausted.

It is tired and exhausted that I arrived at the portals of TBHP.

My motoring career started pushing my grandad in his Vauxhaul and Plymouth up the hills of Ooty and then moved on to Shaktiman's and Jonga's in the Army. My motoring buys have been a premier padmini, maruti 800, santro, next santro and next santro and I am sorely tempted by the new santro again (man they are coming with spoilers now).

I have command of a Verna diesel, Innova diesel and a Vista Quadrajet for my company purposes. my own car is my third santro.

My years on TBHP has seen my choice swing from a used Merc to a spark with corollas, fusions, lancers etc in between and am unable to simply make up my mind.

My wife is despairing about me ever giving up my Santro mania and graduating to a corolla or civic which I can afford but don't like.

By the bye when I am not busy with my retirement village project (Melur Meadows), I am busy training people and enabling thinking.

I managed to convince my wife that Team BHP would help me decide on the next car. So come on guys help me out.

Cheers
Sathya
Old 5th February 2010, 02:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Satya.
What are you looking for, in your next car? Is it more for luxury/ comfort ? Depending on your budget, you've got quite a few good cars to select from.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:24   #3
BHPian

Hi Nitin
Thanks for your wishes -

My budget 8 - 12 Lakhs all told. 8 For used and 12 for New.

Requirements:
Size: I want a car that is bigger than my santro, easy to get in and out. I am 6' 2".

Comfort: I am driven 75% of the time and drive myself 25%. So back seat comfort is a requirement.
Drivers: Me a steady and experienced driver. My driver - gets excited if the car has too much pickup (like the verna). Third driver - Chances are my wife who has recently taken to driving might suddenly decide to take the wheel.

Mileage: I drive around 500 Kms in the city, atleast one long distance trip of 1200 KM a month and
Ground clearance: I do atleast one trip to an off road location while I trek and the last 400 meters to my house are like the moon. Even santro and innova have taken a real beating.
Decent Brand value as my wife is a bit image conscious.

What am I not too particular about is looks (except the maruti ritz which I detest, I dont have any dislikes), I am not too particular about very high accleration as both my driver and wife arent very great with speed.

Cars I have tested and yet unable to make a decision on:

1. Scorpio - Back seat comfort very poor feels like being in boat with rocking motion.
2. Fusion - Back seat comfort low, *** (not related to back seat
3. Corolla - Mileage, Clearance
4. Fiat Linea - Back seat head clearance very poor, ***
5. Tata Range from Vista to Marina to Safari.. Poor Build quality and no brand
6. Honda City - Ground clearance and back seat comfort poor
7. Ford Fiesta - Back seat comfort poor.
8 Verna : We already have one in the family that scares the pants off everybody with its accleration.

Any help with the choices.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks