Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 12:27   #1

Hello TBHP! FIAT lover comes aboard!

Alrighty then. Thank you Mods for approving my membership request.

I'm 25, an mechanical engineer and of course a car lover. I got my very first set of wheels last August when the urge to own a car hit me like a ton of bricks.

A quick search on the internet and a meeting with the owner landed me with my very own 2004 Palio 1.2 nv sport. And I must say this: when your very first car is such a pleasure, the benchmarks in the future have got to be phenomenal.

Look forward to being a part of this rather cool forum. Would love to hear from all the members out there. I'm here to gain from your knowledge so would appreciate all that you have to share. And of course I'll be posting my experiences as well.

Cheers!
Old 5th February 2010, 12:53   #2
BHPian

Welcome to Teambhp. Do post pics of your Beauty, the palio 1.6 was and is my dream car owning one still seems to be a distant dream. Enjoy your stay here.
Old 5th February 2010, 13:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

ah dude - welcomes rahega!

I'm sure you'd have landed a crazy bargain on the 1.2 - do post the ownership review!
Old 5th February 2010, 13:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Nvsport. A quick surf through the vintage cars section (and some of its users) will probably redefine the word "Fiat Lover" for you.

Enjoy your stay.
Old 5th February 2010, 14:12   #5

@Ripper: Thanks for the welcome. I too wanted a 1.6 but never found any within my budget. Understandable I guess given the strong following the car has. Lucky I got the 1.2 though.

@phamilyman: Yep I did land a pretty good bargain. Here's the details first:

Make: July 2004
Purchased by me: August 2009
Engine: 1247 cc
Fuel Type: Petrol/CNG (fitted May 2009)
Max Power: 72 BHP at 6000 rpm
Physical condition during purchase: The usual minor scratches you'll find on all Delhi cars

Initially the owner quoted a price of 1.8L. But fortunately for me, the others who were interested in the car didn't seem to impress him. He was passionate about his car and even though he was parting with it, he didn't want it to end up in the wrong hands.

I set up a meeting and went with a trusted mechanic. Both of us were in for a surprise! The car had just been washed and was gleaming. Add to that its beautiful foam red exterior and you can only imagine the rush I felt. Took her for a quick drive and within minutes my mechanic and me were debating what price we should quote. I was ready to shell out 1.6L but eventually decided to go with 1.5L.

So I got back home after letting the owner know very clearly that I was interested. I checked my bank account, found I was good to go and set up another meeting with the owner. From then on it was pretty quick. He bargained as best as he could but we eventually got him down to 1.45L. All in all, transfer and RC endorsement included, I had the car for a neat 1.5L. (Everyone kept telling me FIAT does not have good re-sale value, but honestly, when you're buying with your heart, re-sale is the last thing on your mind.)

I'm posting some pictures. A bit grainy though as they were taken by a cellphone. Enjoy!
Hello TBHP! FIAT lover comes aboard!-front1.jpg

Hello TBHP! FIAT lover comes aboard!-side1.jpg

Hello TBHP! FIAT lover comes aboard!-dashboard.jpg
Old 5th February 2010, 14:40   #6

@Moderators: Please shift my last post to a more appropriate location if you so feel. It's early days for me yet so please put up with my requests.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:59   #7
BHPian

Welcome to T-bhp, nvsport! You've got a brilliant car there. I'm in the market for a small second car myself, my heart keeps telling me to get a Palio, but my bank account seems to think otherwise, lol!

We don't have many well maintained 1st gen Palios in kerala, especially in the northern parts. Come to think of it, not many Stile's are on our roads either. Fiat buyers have to contend with a lot of negative reputation towards the brand, we can mostly thank the dealers (some new, some old) and to an extent Fiat India itself. How would I know? That's because I've got a Linea as well. Brilliant product, poor service backup.

Enough of that already, I hope you're enjoying your ride. Do keep us posted on the ownership experience.

Who knows, I might join the club....
Old 5th February 2010, 18:24   #8
BHPian

Welcome dear & yes your car looks great. Palio is one good car & infact most of the cars from Fiat have been worth driving. It is just their rappo which eats up
Old 6th February 2010, 13:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post

Who knows, I might join the club....
I'd seriously suggest that you go for a pre-Stile Palio. I find it rather underpowered.
Old 6th February 2010, 23:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsport View Post
(Everyone kept telling me FIAT does not have good re-sale value, but honestly, when you're buying with your heart, re-sale is the last thing on your mind.)
No good resale value = good bargain for us Palio-fans buying used!

Nice car and good deal - welcome to the forum, nvsport!

Can someone explain why the number of posts against the OP nvsport still says zero?!
Old 7th February 2010, 09:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard. Another FIAT lover on the forum!!!

PS: You'll understand what that grin means during your stay here.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:03   #12
BHPian

people will have different perception based on their experience, observations and attitude! Nevertheless, Welcome to T-BHP and the club!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks