Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 18:55   #1

A Jazzy Start

Hi All ,
I have today been approved as a Team BHP member, Thank you moderators
I stumbled upon this forum when I was googling for Honda Jazz 'rev'-iews, and ever since observe the posts here almost everyday ( I am specifically looking to buy the Jazz )
The manner in which exchanges happen here I think is fabulous and i virtually 'rev'-ere this forum ! And now am delighted to be part of this.
Thank you moderators also for all the work that you do, to keep this ship up and running (maybe ship wasn’t the right word !)

Last edited by Aditya : 18th February 2010 at 20:21.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP, pal.

Have you finalized upon the Jazz, or is it just on your radar of cars to consider? How exactly did the Jazz pull those heart strings in your case?

Do stop by the Announcements section of the forum for an idea about the forum guidelines. Would be helpful in your stay here.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:58   #3
BHPian

Welcome onboard buddy. I was expecting a jazz review on this thread
Old 19th February 2010, 20:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
Welcome onboard buddy. I was expecting a jazz review on this thread
hi,
have had it for 6 months now and can go on and on about it. in short, go for it if u want:-
1. great space (words are not enough)
2. headroom (for 6+ footers)
3. fit and finish
4. great driving and parking
5. snob value
6. peace of mind
7. great bootspace
8. magic seats
9. looks
10. great mileage
don't go for it, if u want:-
1.VFM
2.fancy features
Old 20th February 2010, 15:44   #5

While I agree with a good many of HOS' points below, the width of the car, and hence ease of parking and navigating through rush-hour traffic is taking some getting used to, as my 'comfortable-width' thus far has been that of a WagonR or narrower. I ended up with two little scrapes as a consequence :(

Ah well, I suppose I have to resign myself to expanding waistlines and adjust accordingly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
hi,
have had it for 6 months now and can go on and on about it. in short, go for it if u want:-
3. fit and finish
5. snob value
6. peace of mind
7. great bootspace
8. magic seats
9. looks
10. great mileage
1.VFM
2.fancy features
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:34   #6

hi, thanks all of you for the inputs
Benbsb29, pulled those heart strings is absolutely the right expression - from the moment I first set sight on the Jazz.
I actually walked into a Honda showroom to look at the Civic but the jazz in the showroom turned my head, and that head stays turned till today.
So much has been said about the car that I don’t need to say more about how beautiful she is.
Ever since I saw one for the first time, I have literally yearned to see the Jazz again and again ( but I also dread if the yearning will vanish once I acquire her??)
Once ( there weren’t too many Jazzes in Bangalore), I actually chased one down to see who owned it !! That was quite exciting, except that the elderly couple seemed to have gotten a bit suspicious at the end of the drive. ( Guess I made it too obvious)
Then, there was this other Jazz that was always parked outside a house, on my way to work. For a week, I used to stop by everyday to have a real good look, of course as covertly as possible, and without making it too obvious. No amount of time seemed enough. But then, the same problem. Before anybody got suspicious, i put an end to those stops too.
My esteemed moderators will hopefully find story of the above affair acceptable, but the moderator at home ( my other love, my wife) , her reaction to the above story will be anything but moderate! So this is a post I can’t share with her for sure!
Last week however, these aches turned into the not-so-pleasant kind. In my first long test drive, both me and my wife ended up with back pains.
I PM’d BHP-ian Bijujj for more details on what he had done to solve his issue ( he’d reported a back pain and a solution too). Also, need to do the buy and the regn before the budget, ‘cos a 3-4% excise duty hike seems imminent.
Will keep you guys updated.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd February 2010 at 22:10. Reason: Removed font & size tags, Please avoid copy pasting from external editores like MS word etc, thanks
Old 25th February 2010, 12:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

Suresh, do you feel the ergonomics arent exactly the best, which explains the backaches?

I still cannot digest that you went to look at a Civic and bought the Jazz. Sounds unbelievable!

Anyway, all that matters is that you love the car... nothing more is important.

P.S. : We would love to have your ownership log on the forum. Will help other Honda Jazz lovers as well.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 25th February 2010 at 12:20.
Old 27th February 2010, 20:15   #8
BHPian

Hey HOS, glad to read your review about the Jazz. I have just booked a Jazz and impatiently waiting for it (4th March being an auspicous day. otherwise the car is ready waiting at the showroom to fall in my arms ).

I agree with all your points below which led me to buy this car. And guess what, I too got introduced to teamBHP while researching the jazz and fell in love with both - teamBHP and Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
hi,
3. fit and finish
5. snob value
6. peace of mind
7. great bootspace
8. magic seats
9. looks
10. great mileage
1.VFM
2.fancy features
Old 4th March 2010, 19:39   #9

onelife, hope you got your Jazz today. What colour? Please share photos

I wandered into the showroom yesterday after dropping off mine for its one-month service to ogle at the 2010 Jazz. This year's model costs about 15K or more than the previous one, at least here in Chennai.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaitexan View Post
onelife, hope you got your Jazz today. What colour? Please share photos

I wandered into the showroom yesterday after dropping off mine for its one-month service to ogle at the 2010 Jazz. This year's model costs about 15K or more than the previous one, at least here in Chennai.
Yes. Finally it has arrived. It is Silver color. It has been such a long wait (auspicious reasons), but surely worth it. Got a nice registration number without any extra payment.

Review and photosession planned this weekend. Will post soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks