Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 15:41   #1
CPH
BHPian

Hello from CPH

Might be a little late but better later than never.

CPH are the initials for myself and Copenhagen airport. Whether this is a good thing ot not, I don't know.

It is obvios (only need to look at the left) that I am based in London, Well, tha's Greater London. Britain is small - so it needs a greater London.

Anyway, I am German by birth. This is what my log book (otherwise known as birth certificate and confirmed in my passport). Again, whether this is a good thing or not you people will be a better judge of than me.

However, this brings some advantages. Germans are meant to be arrgogant. If they are arrogant the whole world is upset with us. If we aren't the whole world is puzzled and then upset with us.

Anyway, we are not trying to be arrogant. So, please forgive me my special imperfection.

Otherwise I am very childish, which doesn't fit my age and actually there is some individuals that like me. One of them was my dog before she died on my.

My occupation is perfromance tuning at present.

My interest are sailing (especially in heavy weather), script writing, which I am in process to make at least a part time occupation, classical music, Jazz, big band sound, film music and some modern stuff, making small cars silly quick, nutty things and last but not least protecting the interests of children.

Currently I am driving Italian cars. The Alfa 33 most likely is one lesser known car. It was one of the best Alfas ever built. It was built in 1990 featuring a 1.7 4 cylinder boxer engine wit variable valve timing, offset cam lobes on the inlet, quad cams and independent throttle bodies. It outhandles a many much higher rated cars and the track built versions outran any track Ferrari or Aston Martin.

My other cars are much smaller, but they are fun especially fun upsetting drivers of superior cars. But then they usually don't know that my little cars are modified sleepers.

Oooh, and I like Indian food, I am even married to an Indian.

You wonder now why I never made it ti India. Me too.

Sorry, another imperfection of mine.

Nice to be here on this great forum.

Peter
Old 20th February 2010, 20:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hallo Peter!

To say that you have an interesting introduction would be an understatement. But I'll make it anyways. What an interesting introduction, indeed.

Welcome to the Indian community of petrolheads. Have a great time.

Deine Frau ist indisch und meine Frau ist deutsch. Eine kleine Welt, oder?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th February 2010 at 20:56.
Old 21st February 2010, 03:59   #3
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hallo Peter!

To say that you have an interesting introduction would be an understatement. But I'll make it anyways. What an interesting introduction, indeed.

Welcome to the Indian community of petrolheads. Have a great time.

Deine Frau ist indisch und meine Frau ist deutsch. Eine kleine Welt, oder?
Wahrlich, wahrlich, eine kleine Welt.

I hope I will meet you when I am over in Mumbai.

Sorry for my long winded introduction, lol. And I wasn't even on a mission to prove that some Germans have got a sense of humor.

Anyway, where is your wife from and tell her that I am jelous that she can live in India and I can't.
Old 21st February 2010, 12:13   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Wahrlich, wahrlich, eine kleine Welt.

I hope I will meet you when I am over in Mumbai.

Sorry for my long winded introduction, lol. And I wasn't even on a mission to prove that some Germans have got a sense of humor.

Anyway, where is your wife from and tell her that I am jelous that she can live in India and I can't.
She is Hessisch. From Bad Nauheim, near FFM. And you? Where are you originally from?

She's a member here (TheOne®)

Look us up and we (especially she) can perhaps help you enjoy Mumbai better.

Sam
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:23   #5
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
She is Hessisch. From Bad Nauheim, near FFM. And you? Where are you originally from?

She's a member here (TheOne®)

Look us up and we (especially she) can perhaps help you enjoy Mumbai better.

Sam
I was born in München. Host mi? lol

I used to live in Obethshausen and later in Hochheim near Mainz, where I went to the Gymnasium.

Later I used to live in the Vienna woods South of Vienna and then in England.

I know Bad Nauheim vagely because it is a long time ago.

I will introduce myself to her by pm and hope that she can help me to understand a few things.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:49   #6
CPH
BHPian

Sorry to bring this up here, but have you got a subforum where general things are being discussed? I mean things that are not necessarily car related or rather general.

Don't worry I am not interested in political issues.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:23   #7
BHPian

Oh yes CPH. It is called the Shifting Gears forum. Feel free to discus anything there. Well, almost anything.

Btw, Welcome to the Team!!

See you around!

Cartman.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:05   #8
BHPian

Herr CPH,
Willkommen Sie hinein ! Well i happened to study German in school long long long ago. I wish we had your lovely autobahns in India....no speed limits heavenly driving. Hope you enjoy team-Bhp as much as i do.

Auf Wiedersehen
Old 26th February 2010, 16:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post

My occupation is perfromance tuning at present.
Hey Peter. welcome aboard.

My profession is also performance tuning of databases. I hope yours is tuning of Cars.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:58   #10
BHPian

Welcome on board Peter. When I saw the word "CPH", I knew its some related to Copenhagen as we use the same word to address a our office location there.
Old 8th March 2010, 18:03   #11
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Oh yes CPH. It is called the Shifting Gears forum. Feel free to discus anything there. Well, almost anything.

Btw, Welcome to the Team!!

See you around!

Cartman.
Thank you cartman.

I won't discuss politics and neither the female species.

Anything else I would consider morally sound.

Thanks for the welcome.

BTW, I like this forum.
Old 8th March 2010, 18:10   #12
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Herr CPH,
Willkommen Sie hinein ! Well i happened to study German in school long long long ago. I wish we had your lovely autobahns in India....no speed limits heavenly driving. Hope you enjoy team-Bhp as much as i do.

Auf Wiedersehen
I have got an idea.

You guys convince the authorities that we need the autbahn in India. Then we help build it. When it is finished then we tell them that it wasn't an autobahn.

They will be very embarrassed and ask us: WHY not?

We give them the answer if they will promise to fix it. Of course, we need this in writing. Once it is given in writing we tell them what autobahn means:

NO SPEED LIMIT!

If the then don't do it we call them lyers.

The only problem is we deal with politicians.

Maybe we have to come up with a better idea.

BTW, do you know where Sonali lives in Pune?
Old 8th March 2010, 18:12   #13
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Hey Peter. welcome aboard.

My profession is also performance tuning of databases. I hope yours is tuning of Cars.
It is. But I often regret it and this is the first time I am serious in ages.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:46   #14
BHPian

Hi CPH,
Our politicians will be very happy if you can build an Autobahn here FOC (Free of Cost). BTW i thought you said you won't discuss politics and the female species and you are already asking about Sonali ?
Old 9th March 2010, 02:39   #15
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
BTW i thought you said you won't discuss politics and the female species and you are already asking about Sonali ?
Sorry, I am not discussing her as such, I just hope I can win her for one of my scripts.

Getting a cast in India is much more difficult than in Europe. In Europe you just walk into an agency and they do all of the work (of course at exorbitant cost) and then it seems there is some set structure in the Indian movie world (I try not to use the hated term Bollywood), which is not in Europe and might in turn upset some of the people in the film industries when outsiders come in.

But it still seems to be easier than in the US, where you walk into an agency after you sold your entire family, re-mortgaged the house, sell all your possesion and kill yourself in order to cash in on your life insurance. And even then they might not speak to you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks