Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 22:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sat Siri Akal to all BHpians

Name: Sonu
Sunsign: Aries
and hence the profile name.
Almost an year of following, reading, understanding, experimenting (on my poor M800) and then I decided enough is enough, I have to be onboard and interact with nerds, freaks, petroheads, geeks and Gurus (Some Zombie Car-land!!).
I have sailed on the ships in various ranks (upto navigating officer) & have been around the world. So whenever my ships would call ports around the world I would search for car's warehouse or wards and then just spend time among cars. Many a times I got lambasted and once even chased by security guards but when you have cars in breakfast, lunch & dinner all insults are welcome.
I own a pretty 2005 M800 (the best I could afford after quitting sailing) & keep experimenting on her. No REAL modifications as yet but may start soon, definately with help & guidance of all BHpians.
Godspeed.
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2010, 19:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I have to be onboard and interact with nerds, freaks, petroheads, geeks and Gurus (Some Zombie Car-land!!).
Welcome to the team, Sonu. You've joined a like-minded group for sure, only you left out the word "maniacs" in describing us! The kind of stuff that we do with cars is hard for other (regular) people to understand.

Q : What's the most interesting car that you've transported on your ships till date?

Do take the customary pitstop by our board rules section; will ensure a smooth ride.
Old 13th March 2010, 22:07   #3
BHPian

Welcome home Sonu. Nice write up. Keep us informed about the modifications you are planning for your M800. Awaiting them soon. Congrats .
Old 13th March 2010, 23:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Name: Sonu
Sunsign: Aries
and hence the profile name.
Almost an year of following, reading, understanding, experimenting (on my poor M800) and then I decided enough is enough, I have to be onboard and interact with nerds, freaks, petroheads, geeks and Gurus (Some Zombie Car-land!!).
I have sailed on the ships in various ranks (upto navigating officer) & have been around the world. So whenever my ships would call ports around the world I would search for car's warehouse or wards and then just spend time among cars. Many a times I got lambasted and once even chased by security guards but when you have cars in breakfast, lunch & dinner all insults are welcome.
I own a pretty 2005 M800 (the best I could afford after quitting sailing) & keep experimenting on her. No REAL modifications as yet but may start soon, definately with help & guidance of all BHpians.
Godspeed.
JI AANYANOO JI I am Iqbal Singh Mankoo from Mumbai welcome aboared you will enjoy every moment in this group , for your info I too own among many cars we own, a Maruti 800 5speed with FFE,Ported head, alloy wheels, improved AC, etc etc etc.
Old 14th March 2010, 02:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Jee Aanyanoo Ji, welcome to TBHP ariesonu, have fun on the thread.

@IQBAL VEERJI,
Have not heard that greeting+blessing used in some time. Sad to see these old traditions dying out and Glad to know that there are yet some who are preserving the same.
Old 14th March 2010, 16:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Jee Sadke Ariesonu. SSA to you and welcome to Team-Bhp family
Interesting to have another shippie petrol head on board. If the ones i know, 1self and Vintageman are the two shippies we have on the forum but there might be more.

Please share your experiences of finds in warehouses or barn finds if any. If you have pics that would be brilliant.

Happy revving
Old 15th March 2010, 10:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to the team, Sonu. You've joined a like-minded group for sure, only you left out the word "maniacs" in describing us! The kind of stuff that we do with cars is hard for other (regular) people to understand.

Q : What's the most interesting car that you've transported on your ships till date?

Do take the customary pitstop by our board rules section; will ensure a smooth ride.
GTO (Rush): Many thanks for a warm welcome. Well I had to maintain some decency in referring to my seniors & buddies in TBHP & so didn't use many such "WORDS".
I was working on bulk carriers & few most interesting things transported were live missiles, tanks, Hummers (H1), fast crafts etc. This was just after Gulf War around 1992. I was cadet at that time. To be confessional, as young blood, I was more interested in American female soldiers than their artillary (Hormones could not help it at that time). Later have transported mostly trucks from Europe or West America to African countries. As for my adventuers with car sheds & warhouses, Its not easy to recall because what one could see were stretches of cars & cars. All different makes & models. It was like walking through fields of tulips (aka SILSILA Movie). Simply beautiful.

I have read & re-read all forums, rules, pitstops with admin & mods before taking the plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Welcome home Sonu. Nice write up. Keep us informed about the modifications you are planning for your M800. Awaiting them soon. Congrats .
I'll soon post pics of my car in present state & with some photoshops of what I intend to do (TIGHT ON BUDGET TOO), discuss it with Gurus & like minded & then execute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
JI AANYANOO JI I am Iqbal Singh Mankoo from Mumbai welcome aboared you will enjoy every moment in this group , for your info I too own among many cars we own, a Maruti 800 5speed with FFE,Ported head, alloy wheels, improved AC, etc etc etc.
I'll go through your garage & get some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Jee Aanyanoo Ji, welcome to TBHP ariesonu, have fun on the thread.

Gee thanks.

@IQBAL VEERJI,
Have not heard that greeting+blessing used in some time. Sad to see these old traditions dying out and Glad to know that there are yet some who are preserving the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Jee Sadke Ariesonu. SSA to you and welcome to Team-Bhp family
Interesting to have another shippie petrol head on board. If the ones i know, 1self and Vintageman are the two shippies we have on the forum but there might be more.

Please share your experiences of finds in warehouses or barn finds if any. If you have pics that would be brilliant.

Happy revving
Thanks for warm welcome.
I have read many threads & quotes of shippies (recent one of an ship owner vijapalsingh).
Didn't have digital camras in those days but the snaps that I have are lying in Chandigarh. Will try to get some & post here.

Raab Rakha.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks