Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:22   #1
BHPian

Another smitten ddis dude

Hello folks,

Nice to be here I must say! My name is Raju, wrong side of 30 and your quintessential grumpy young man - just kidding guys!

Well, I'm from Chennai, work in one of 'em BIG software companies and pretty much had little time for much else. All that was until I decided last year to change my car. I now realize (over I don't know how many 100's or even 1000's of hours I have spent staring at threads in this forum) how much I have missed by not having focused on cars the last few years.

Guess I was always a car lover without realizing it. Always loved a good drive. Bought a pre-owned 2001 Zen in 2003, had loads of fun driving her around Chennai and on the Chennai-Bangalore route. Hit around 50K KMs over the next 6 years in which I spent around 3 yrs outside of India with the car just lying around at home. Boy - was that a car - never EVER disappointed me. Oh - and before I forget, was driving around a decade old Nissan Sentra and a Toyota Corolla - also about a decade old - while I was in the U.S. Well, big 'ol country and all - must have hit over 80K or so KM's in my 3 years there.

Come 2009, it was time for a change and in came my (now) beloved DDiS. Boy-oh-Boy. I will put in the details of my thoughts, test drives while buying the car, ownership experience and pics of my love shortly.

Outside of cars (now), my interests lie with Music (pretty much anything that does not give me a headache , movies (primarily Hollywood) and spending loads of time with my 3 yr old (enough is NEVER enough).

Well, thats about it folks - loving it here.

Thanks,
ddis_dude
Old 5th April 2010, 11:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice intro ddis. Welcome to the forum. Great to have you finally becoming a member. Waiting to read the ownership report on your Swift D. Do post it soon. Take time to stop by the Rules to familiarize yourself with the workings of the forum.

P.S. Is your 3 year old getting the BHP bug too?
Old 5th April 2010, 20:30   #3
BHPian

Thanks a lot dippy. Thats a very pleasant welcome!

Call me obsessive compulsive, but believe me I have already gone through the forum rules at least thrice!

I am finishing up my report of the selection process and initial thoughts. I will certainly post it in the next day or 2.

My son (guy that he is) has certainly taken a liking to the turbo and always prefers the swift to the other car we have - an Alto! Gee - when I was his age, I used to dream of someday getting inside one of 'em Contessa Classic's since they looked so much classier than the only other car - the good ol' Amby!

Thanks once again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed