Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 22:48   #1
BHPian

Glad to be here...

Hello everyone,

I've been a somewhat frequent visitor to these forums for a couple years now. The quality of these forums is excellent. I've been living outside India for more than 20 years now. As everyone else here, I've always been mighty interested in cars and motorcycles. I've been blessed to own quite a few in my life so far.

My current wheels;

1971 Porshce 911T (engine modified (near-race specification) and completely restored) - never sees bad weather and winter. No A/C, no power steering, no fancy electronics. Just an amazing engine, 4-spd sportomatic transmission and weighs barely over 2000 lbs. Truly one of the great original sports car ever made. Still prefers her to all the fancy sports cars of today.

2008 Pontiac Solistice GXP - waiting for the TRIFECTA software upgrade which will boost the power from 260 bhp & 260 lb ft torque to 345 bhp & 350 lb-ft on this pint sized 2 seater convertible, with selectable fuel mapping from one of the buttons on the steering wheel. GM will never know......

1997 Ford Mustang - commuter - has 171,000 miles and still going strong. Nothing except oil changes. No intention of selling it despite these rumours of unreliable american cars.

2005 Ducati 999 - she is the queen and rules over every other ride in my garage. Believe me when I tell you that there is nothing on four wheels that'll ever match a Ducati superbike. Rarely sees a highway - straight line speed never interested me. Exclusively for carving twisties. It's like a surgeons' scalpel. It reacts to the slightest variation of your pulse of the palm on throttle.

Past rides;

2006 Cadillac CTS-V - came with 400 hp Corvette LS6 engine. Ate BMW M5s for lunch. What a car.... Traded it in for a brand new the Solistice.
1994 BMW 740iL - Had it for 11 years and one of the best car ever made. Had 150,000 miles when I sold it.

198x Audi Coupe (during my Grad School - forgot the year - bought this one for $1500 - A/C never worked, the passenger electric window quit but, boy was it fun. I never fixed them either. This was what Audi used for WRC for many years. Had it for three years and used to put at least 10,000 miles every year).

198x Nissan Patrol - this was a long time ago - still the only SUV that ever interested me.

198x Mazda 929 - again a long time ago - not a bad car.

I'm glad to see interesting cars now available in India. I hope to share some of my experiences in owning these cars. I am sure when the time comes to decide to buy a car in India, these forums will be of great help. Punto interests me.

I'll post some pictures shortly if and when I'm allowed.

Glad to be here again. Hope to participate at reasonable frequencies. Again hello to everyone.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2010, 12:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi VLOCT

Just seeing your list of machines has me salivating as I type this. I love the way you have described you 911. Just meant to be driven

How about putting up an ownership review on your cars for our members? I'm sure it would make for an interesting read.

Do stop by the Announcements to understand the forum protocol.

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:17   #3
BHPian

I will post my experience with each of the cars I have owned together with some pictures. These cars are not out of reach for most people, well used cars that is but, most people assume it to be so. Without an understanding partner though, it becomes difficult to indulge in these interests. I am lucky that way I guess although my 911 and my BMW were bought before I was married.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Oh man. This thread made me very jealous!!

Please go ahead and start a new thread(s) in the Ownership section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
I'll post some pictures shortly if and when I'm allowed.
Ofcourse you're allowed.
Heres instructions on how to post pics.

cya around,
R
Old 12th April 2010, 10:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this is one mean garage. We are eagerly awaiting pics now and ownership reports, if you may! Welcome to the Forum.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
"2008 Pontiac Solistice GXP - waiting for the TRIFECTA software upgrade which will boost the power from 260 bhp & 260 lb ft torque to 345 bhp & 350 lb-ft on this pint sized 2 seater convertible, with selectable fuel mapping from one of the buttons on the steering wheel. GM will never know......"
i really like the solistice's looks. they showed us new things with metal on that car. PICS!!!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th April 2010 at 17:40. Reason: Please do use our inbuilt "quote" feature. See the FAQ if you need more info. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks