Team-BHP - Me & Machines - An Introduction
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Me & Machines - An Introduction (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/79360-me-machines-introduction.html)

So, finally I am proud to be a part of community which is 40000 members, and millions coming in every month for any petrohead query.Woooaaa I am impressed.
Now, about me, my journey has been quite tough to where I am today. I hail from a small town, yet big name, Jamshepur, Tatanagar(The Iron Ore of India). Spent all my childhood and teenage years there. Till then I only got a chance to have a Bajaj Super scooter under my belly. But my love for my cars started from the year 1985, ever since my dad got a Fiat Premier Padmani, transitioned from his father(my grandfather). And then in 1987, my dad started as car accessories and upholstery business, and then I entered the world of cars, cars, cars & cars.
Saw hundreds of car enthusiast coming to our shop everyday, demanding for accessories which are not even very common today, like Tachometers, Interior LED lighting system etc.
In 1991 my dad sold off his Fiat to get a brand new Maruti Omni -2nd Generation. It was stolen from our house in 1994, and the sad part, the insurance was just expired 2 days back. My dad suffered such a setback, that he decided not a buy any car at all.
In terms of studies, I was allways below average in academics, and extra naughty in class. My parents were really worried about my future, but I had been allways confident about my creative bent of mind, in thinking differently. My this attitude could be used in studies. Somehow, I managed to clear my boards from National Open School, and my 12th from a startup school.

I left Jamshedpur, in the year 2000, for joining in my engineering course @ Kolkata. My initial days @ Kolkata was one hell of a challenge in terms of language barrier. Imagine, a Punjabi boy getting stuck in a suburbs of Kolkata, sharing his room with illegal immigrants from Bangladesh. But I always thought that I good days are ahead and remaining positive in every thing which was happening around me.
I knew that my capabilities needed a platform, and that platform could be only available in metros, and I decided to move on in Kolkata.
Somehow managed to clear my engineering as well, and was lucky enough to be hired for sales in a BPO.

I knew, my innovative thought process could be only applied to sales, wherein I can really make big. And I hit a bulls-eye, my fate supported me in sales, and in 7 years of work, I am currently leading a entire territory for a Huge Global IT Services company.

My story with cars started in the year 2007, when I decided to transition myself from a Bajaj Pulsar to a Indica Xeta, as I had a new member joining my way to life, My Wife. So just 15 days before my marriage I got a Indica Xeta Petrol GLS delivered on 4th February, 2007.(Pictures Attached).
I drove it for about 8 months, and then changed over to Maruti 800, 2002 AC Model. I know I know...people asked me hell lot of questions about my downgrade, but I gave a damn. I had some other priorities which took a front seat, and my love for cars took a backseat.
Got the car delivered on Oct 14th 2007, through Automart Noida. The deal was struck for 1,20,000 with Insurance and transfer.Pic Attached
Drove the M800 for another 15 months, and upgraded to Zen Estilo Limited Edition in Feb 2009. Got the entire deal for 3,14,000/- which was coming cheaper then a Alto LXI.
I got a Bright Red colour, which looks peppy, as it had a very peppy look, and a decent colour would not go with it.Pics Attached.

Accessories Added:

Neo 13'' Alloys - 2800/ Pc
PU Leather Seat Cover : 2500/-
Lumar Sun Control Films: 800/-
Transparent Foot Mates : 600/-(4 Pc)
Pro Inc Tachometer : 2300/-
Window Visors: 400/-
Door Guards: 300/-
Cigarette Lighter: 200/-
Rear Speaker Tray : 500/-

ICE'ing:
Kenwood 2 Din MP3110 - Company Fitted
Boston Acoustic Front Component : 3700/-
Polk Oval Rear: 4500/-

Wish List:
Birdgestone Potenza G3- 13 Inchers Tubeless, with some up sizing:3000/-
K&N Stock Replacement Air Filter: 3700/-
Body Kits from Pro Auto Mods: 25000/-
JBL 4 Channel Amplifier : 5000/-
JBL Woofer ; 5000/-

Welcome to The T-BHP ! Do post your car pics in your t-BHP Garage.

Hi. Welcome to Team-BHP. Nice to see more people from Delhi / NCR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamback (Post 1832812)
Welcome to The T-BHP ! Do post your car pics in your t-BHP Garage.

Sure, iamback..I am just desperately waiting for my transition of 25 posts to get over, before I go ahead and fill in my garage with my cars

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 1833033)
Hi. Welcome to Team-BHP. Nice to see more people from Delhi / NCR.

Yeah..we need to shortly plan for the TBHP meet soon.clap:

Welcome to tbhp ashish, a meet is coming up on 16th April 2010

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-meetup-3.html