Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 18:08   #1

Greetings to my fellow car enthusiasts

After browsing the forums for the last 3 months I am pleased to finally be a member.

I thought I should introduce myself to my now fellow BHP'ians, my name is Sandip "Sunny" Singh Natt and I was born in Norway. I currently am on the end of a six month stay in Punjab, but normally spend my time between Toronto, Canada and Oslo, Norway.

I have always been a car freak, but what sets me aside from most is that I was also born with a fairly visible handicap called AMC (arthogryposis multiplex congenita,) it is very similar to CP (cerebral palsy). This however has never stopped me from being a complete car nut. I own and drive a BMW 540i e39 in Toronto which I have had for nearly 9 years (yes I know I should upgrade but I am in love with it and all its engine upgrades even after all this time), before that I had a 1992 Nissan Maxima 3.0 SE. In Norway I still have my 1996 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE Lux with a 3.3i V6. I have only recently started coming to India for longer stays so I bought a 1999 Honda City 1.5 EXi 3 years back. I also have access to my father and uncles shared ride (they never in India at the same time) which is a beautiful 2006 MB S350.

The big difference however being that despite my handicap I drive my own cars abroad, but I have not been able to find the right car to modify (hand controls etc) to suit my needs in the motherland as of yet.

So that is the introduction, I hope that my stay is long and meaningful and with the help of my fellow BHP’ians I think I will be able to reach my goal of driving in. I will get into more details in another post in the right sub-forum as to requirements, needs, budget etc. If you read this and think that you could contribute with any meaningful information please do not hesitate to pm or reply to me.

Thanks,

Sunny.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp Sunny

You seem to have driven some interesting cars.

Do read our Board Rules to get Acquainted with them as we are very particular about them.

Have A Pleasant Stay
Old 20th April 2010, 10:34   #3
BANNED

Handicap ?

Hi I am Sudarshan, I read your introduction. My friend you are talking about your physical conditions ,I can understand you facing lot of Inconvience because of that, but please dont consider yourself a handicaped person.
See I am not very good at english so its hard to explain what I felt when I read your letter. My point is If you consider mental state as well as physical state, I doubt how many of us (not physically affected) are fit ?
I think its Mind that matters , & I can tell from your letter, that you are one of the Fittest persons.
A late friend of mine Mr. Rajendra Khandelwal who had polio( since age 3).Both of his legs below waist were nonfunctional. He DROVE from Pune to Khardungla & back in 1993. He did this on a Scooter (with side wheels for support) .
Well friend tell me now .
What I Learned from him is Handicap is not physical ,its mental.
Best of luck.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandipsn View Post
...I own and drive a BMW 540i e39 in Toronto which I have had for nearly 9 years (yes I know I should upgrade but I am in love with it and all its engine upgrades even after all this time),
Upgrade?? Rubbish!

You've come to the right place. I think a vast majority here would tell you to enjoy that car! I got a chance to spend some time with a 540i and a S2k in Cali many years back, heres the link.

Quote:
...I have not been able to find the right car to modify (hand controls etc) to suit my needs in the motherland as of yet...
I think we have a couple of threads that might help you out.

Here are some tips to help you find them : How to search

cya around,
R
Old 21st April 2010, 22:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hi I am Sudarshan, I read your introduction. My friend you are talking about your physical conditions ,I can understand you facing lot of Inconvience because of that, but please dont consider yourself a handicaped person.
See I am not very good at english so its hard to explain what I felt when I read your letter. My point is If you consider mental state as well as physical state, I doubt how many of us (not physically affected) are fit ?
I think its Mind that matters , & I can tell from your letter, that you are one of the Fittest persons.
A late friend of mine Mr. Rajendra Khandelwal who had polio( since age 3).Both of his legs below waist were nonfunctional. He DROVE from Pune to Khardungla & back in 1993. He did this on a Scooter (with side wheels for support) .
Well friend tell me now .
What I Learned from him is Handicap is not physical ,its mental.
Best of luck.
Thanks Sudarshan, yeah I am not one to lie down and cry I dont even remember most of the time that I am handicapped, although it is quiet extensive. When I am behind the wheel of a car that is modified to my needs its one of those few times in life that I am on level playing field with the rest of the world. It is a feeling that is hard to describe unless you are in my position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Upgrade?? Rubbish!

You've come to the right place. I think a vast majority here would tell you to enjoy that car! I got a chance to spend some time with a 540i and a S2k in Cali many years back, heres the link.

I think we have a couple of threads that might help you out.

Here are some tips to help you find them : How to search

cya around,
R
Rehaan it is a legend in the sedan world. A raw V8 and german engineering to boot. My biggest fear is to move onto another car and it not living upto what I am used to. I am however considering the V10 M5. I am now married tho so its not as easy as when I was 23 with a new hotshot job and no real expense to worry about. In an ideal world some minister or something would sign off on allowing me to bring the E39 into India regardless of LHD due to my special needs, but heres to dreaming.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... I am however considering the V10 M5..
That can't be too bad i bet

Quote:
.... I am now married tho so its not as easy as when I was 23 with a new hotshot job and no real expense to worry about....
With regard to this, take a look through the 540i thread that i linked to!

cya
R
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:48   #7
BANNED

Sorry, If I had ever hurt your feelings.(ref. If you were in my place) .Look I am Not showing any overt thing ,I am realy sorry .
Well another friend of mine, Mr.shailendra who is suffering from paralysis(left side) , now rides a scooter sidecar combination. I have altered the controlls for him (all on right side ) .He is 36 now , its very hard even to understand the difficulties as you have rightly pointed out.
Sorry again, but Mr.Rajan & Mr. Shailendra have tought me something about life.
( I hope you will excuse my poor sence of english ,but understand my feelings)
You have realy reminded me of late Mr. Rajan.
Yours Sudarshan Vaidya, Feel free to communicate any time
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks