Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 15:49   #1
BHPian

Hello to one and all

Hello All,

Although my hobbies have been changing at different stages of journey so far to late 20’s, my interest in Automobiles is been with me throughout this journey. In my school days my dream was of owning an Army Green Jonga with its brute force Torque and astonishing off road capabilities. But due to various direct / indirect influencing factors of decision I am driving a TATA Indica.

I also had a fair chance of exposure to vintage and classic cars as my father is also a Vintage/ classis car lover. He used to own a “Made in England” Triumph Herald saloon. Although this car had the badge of 1200 Saloon but it was powered by 984cc engine and Single bearing independent axels at the rear.

This was the car in which I took my driving lessons and later moved to a Maruti 800. In my native place (Assam) sourcing the parts for this car was a nightmare. Indian Herald parts were available but the British Herald parts were like Donkeys Horns. And only due to lack of availability Spares and difficult maintenance, with a very heavy heart my parents one fine day decided to let her go after a relationship of 18 Yrs .

Apprising another aspect about my interest in Cars, I love classic cars, restoration of cars and also long drives. In Car entertainment is one more aspect of cars I am inclined to (This does not mean earth shattering Bass but more balanced and fulfilling sound. I am FAN of Metallica)

I am looking forward to owning an 4X4 by last quarter of 2010. (Fingers crossed)

Thanking you,
M.R.Boruwa a.k.a M.R.B
Old 19th April 2010, 12:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi M.R

Welcome to Team BHP. You will certainly find yourself at home in our Vintage and Classic section. It would nice to know about the various restoration projects you have done. Looking forward to some really interesting threads from you.

Take a stop at the Rules section to acquaint yourself with the forum policies.
Old 21st April 2010, 13:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

So you have finally got yourself inside tbhp....welcome!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks