Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 12:43   #1
BHPian

Hello to BHP Members!

Hello all members of BHP,

This is my introduction. I have been a member of Team BHP since 2005, I think, and as this is my first post, undoubtedly I have to be one of the leading exponents of the "put off till tomorrow what you can do today" tribe! My apologies for that! But, as the popular saying goes, better late than never, so here goes:

With so many youngsters around this forum, I feel shy to reveal my age, so all I'll say is that I have two sons, one of whom is of marriageable age!
I have a lovely wife (we've been married 32 years) and a gorgeous mistress. My wife and mistress co-exist peacefully; in fact, my wife rather likes her too .

No prizes for guessing that my mistress is my car, and she is a dusky, sultry, curvy Ikon 1.6! I am sure other Ikon 1.6 owners will understand my emotions where this lady is concerned.

She's a 2004 model, that makes her 6 years old now. In our family, we all love driving and there's no car I've owned that has given us all so much pleasure as this one.

Well, this is my only my introduction and not a paean of praise for the Ikon, so I should sign off here.

I will be writing a separate post to the group shortly as I probably need to buy a new car and want something closest to the Ikon 1.6. Hope group members will be able to guide me in this.

Best regards and happy and safe driving to all.
Damu
Old 20th April 2010, 13:06   #2
BHPian

Welcome

Hello,

Warm welcome to the (active) team of BhPeans ! :-)
I feel you can also add value to this forum and share your vast expeirence about travels, tours, cars, Indian Roads and what not !

Keep writing & happy reading !

Cheers !
Old 20th April 2010, 13:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Damu. It's great to have representation from all age groups, and probably you can help many of us connect to what the automobile scene in India, used to be like 30-40 years back. My dad cannot stop talking of Buicks, Morris Minors and other such vehicles from that era. I trust you would have a lot more to share.

We envy you your Mistress. ;-)
Old 20th April 2010, 13:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Interesting, crisp and catchy intro from a true petrolhead. Here age doesn't really matter, as a petrolheart just doesn't age at all. Age = Experience (By now all must have guessed my age... hahaha).
Been here since 2005 and starting to post now? Meaning we all missed so many months of postings from you. That's not fair. Now that you are here, we are all ears to hear from you Sir.
A very warm Welcome.
Old 20th April 2010, 13:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Damu, welcome to TBHP. Hope you start posting more and maybe a review about your 1.6 too.

You should go to one of the meets to see TBHPians of various sizes and ages
Old 20th April 2010, 16:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome board Damu. Age no bar here, its your interest which matters. I'm sure you'll have wonderful stories to share with us. Let me guess you are looking to upgrade your Ikon1.6 to a Fiesta TDCi since you shared love with your 6 year old American Beauty .
Old 21st April 2010, 10:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Hello,

Warm welcome to the (active) team of BhPeans ! :-)
I feel you can also add value to this forum and share your vast expeirence...
Cheers !
Thanks Neo, for your welcome, it feels good to receive such prompt and friendly responses. Will try to be regular and share my driving experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Welcome Damu. It's great to have representation from all age groups,
We envy you your Mistress. ;-)
Hi Roy! Well I have never owned those cars, but my Dad did own some. This will require a separate post to answer, so will do that some time. Thanks for the welcome. And, yes, I like my mistress to be envied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Interesting, crisp and catchy intro from a true petrolhead. Here age doesn't really matter,...
A very warm Welcome.
Hello Raja, Thanks for reassuring me on the age factor! Will try to prepare some useful posts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Damu, welcome to TBHP. Hope you start posting more and maybe a review about your 1.6 too...

You should go to one of the meets to see TBHPians of various sizes and ages
Hi Das, I would love to write about the 1.6, so you can hear from me soon. Hope to know more about these meets. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Welcome board Damu. Age no bar here, its your interest which matters. I'm sure you'll have wonderful stories to share with us. Let me guess you are looking to upgrade your Ikon1.6 to a Fiesta TDCi.
Hi JACS, Nice that no one seems to mind my age! Well you're pretty close - I'm seriously thinking about the Fiesta 1.6S and that's why I need advice from T-BHPians.

Thanks, all of you kind folks for your warm welcome. Hope to be a regular poster soon.

Warm regards,
Damu
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks