Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2005, 20:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchandra
, he keeps both his hand tightly on them as though he is riding a bike and the moment he leave he might lose his balance. Finally i have been able to convince him to use only one hand to handle steering and keep the other hand free ...
Errm..Is holding steering with both hands, a wrong way of driving? I didn't know. Anyway, most of the times in city, my one hand is on the steering and other on the gear knob. Funny thing here is that, I am consciously trying to use both hands for steering.
Old 13th October 2005, 21:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

wow...thank you all, for welcoming my dad so warmly....thanks, bhpians...

hmmm... where's rudraji...?? i thought he might be the first one to welcome my dad on board..?? rudraji- i'm sure my dad would like to hear something from you too...

and navinji, i suppose my dad's at the ICE section already...

again, thanks tbhp....this is one of those things that makes me feel like a part of the family...

over to you, papaji...
Old 13th October 2005, 21:14   #33

Thanx everybody..I am overwhelmed by the welcome...think it is time to take initiative to form a senior team bhp with the parents of the junior members sharing nostalgic memories how the juniors behaved with the machines...are the older ones listening ?

Thanxs again & gdnite for today
veyron2
Old 13th October 2005, 21:24   #34
BHPian

hello Mr Veryon2, it is really nice to see you here on this forum, i think this is the best a dad can do for his child, i mean joining his son's footsteps into this grt world of automobiles.

i also make it a point to discuss with my dad abt all the things happening at t bhp and even he keeps spreading the word abt tbhp all around his circle of friends and business acquaintances.

the only thing i regret is that he cant become a member as he is not too internet savvy and if he becomes a member then the only one computer in our office ( i work for my dad in our family business )will be occupied by him leaving none fro me to browse tbhp. i cant afford to leaqve tbhp even for a minute. so it is better for him to know tbhp thru our discussion.

hats off to you and a warm welcome to this wonderful forum. hope you enjoy your time here.

regards

Shubbhi
Old 13th October 2005, 21:29   #35
BHPian

Hi,

Welcome to TEAM-BHP. enjoy your stay..
Old 14th October 2005, 02:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron2
...are the older ones listening ?
Unfortunately there arent many to listen....the only ones I can think of are Navin, Gurkha and Rudra but none of them are old enough to have a 20-year-old son. Its a start, though and maybe a lot of the younger lot should talk their dads into the forum too. Manaa you really should get another PC.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th October 2005 at 02:12.
Old 14th October 2005, 05:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi Uncle
welcome to the forum. Tell us about your current and your ex rides.

You can go through the forum and see what little Veyron has been doing instead of studying for exams.
Old 14th October 2005, 16:24   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Navin, Gurkha and Rudra but none of them are old enough to have a 20-year-old son..
I was born in '63. I could have had a 20 yr old son. A close friend of mine was born in '60 and his son is 19.

Only I was living on 3 continents from 1989 till 1995 so could not settle down.

Anyway Rudra will be here as soon as he is finished playing with this new Camera. He knows more about Ambys than anyone here. In fact he has probably forgotten more than I can ever learn.

I am the GOM (Grand Old Man) of the ICE forum. Built my 1st speaker in 1976 or so. My 1st amp as well. The rest as they say is history.
Old 14th October 2005, 23:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

gee whiz, thanks a lot again for welcoming my dad so warmly guys (and gals- thanks, manaaji); means a lot to me...

mpower, you tell-tale...now my dad's gonna check on me; not fair, yaar....LOL.....

and i believe life begins at 50; so my dad's still young, dudes...

wonder where's rudraji...?
Old 14th October 2005, 23:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

hey veyron, that photo of the Amby in your avatar, wasn't that taken at the SpeedRun in Mumbai; was it the N1 Engg. Amby?
Old 15th October 2005, 02:54   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Unfortunately there arent many to listen....the only ones I can think of are Navin, Gurkha and Rudra but none of them are old enough to have a 20-year-old son. Its a start, though and maybe a lot of the younger lot should talk their dads into the forum too. Manaa you really should get another PC.
you forgot ajmat.
and a warm welcome to veyron2, this is some awesome stuff, truly unheard of.
manson.
Old 15th October 2005, 04:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1

and i believe life begins at 50; so my dad's still young, dudes...

wonder where's rudraji...?
Gwaan - maska maaro now that your deeds are about to be exposed!

Rudraji probably busy with EOSji, but has been on the forum nevertheless...maybe he doesnt like to discuss his age.
Old 18th October 2005, 22:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

@ ananth: actually, i had posted that pic for my dad - and yup, it's the one from the drag..

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeroid
Gwaan - maska maaro now that your deeds are about to be exposed!
he..he...but i really meant what i said...
Old 19th October 2005, 02:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp, uncle.

Its nice to have experienced people in our team.
Old 19th October 2005, 08:26   #45
BHPian

Welcome onboard Veyron2 Sir!!

I have been off for a couple of days and ready this thread when it was 3 pages long already. Reading through the messages one after the other evoked a feeling like no other. This is one thread that made me remember my childhood when the same used to happen with me on a Lamby. Its just amazing how quickly time goes by....

Veyron1 you created history here man a thought that probably never struck the rest of us.

Applause for the first Father and Son combo!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks