Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2010, 02:19   #1
BHPian

Home ..at Last

I am a 31 year old Delhiite with no automotive background. My romance with cars started early

Earlier I used to keenly observe my father, driving his 1984 Maruti 800 and thus got a lot of mental knowledge of how to drive. Practically it took me just three days to learn driving. First day was with my driver in a park (ram lila maidaan), the next day he accompanied me on the road, the third day I quietly slipped out with the car on a sunday afternoon while my mother was sleeping to buy dhokla for her from Bikanerwala( Karol Bagh). Surprisingly that day was also my first day with traffic cops. My car was towed away from No Parking Zone and luckily with the help of a taxi driver, I got my car back.

The cars we have had in our family are 19?? HM ambassador, 1984 M800, 1985 Maruti Van, 1990 M800, 1996 Zen, 2000 OHC1.3, 2001 AltoVX1.1, 2003 OHC1.3, 2006 Octavia Rider 1.8TP and 2008 Wagon-R. Being responsible for maintainance of all these cars, I gained a 'little' knowledge about cars down the line. After my early marriage in 2000, I got more involved in family and business and my romance/interest in cars started diminishing. It was reduced to watching F1 on sunday evenings. After 2002 all the cars were very very badly maintained by me. The cars went for servicing, tune ups and oil changes for not more than once a year and general repairs were done only when absolutely necessary.

All of this changed after I started visiting team-bhp regularly since Nov09. The experience has been an eye opener for me. I realised that my 'little' knowledge gained over the years was not more than a grain of sand in the whole desert of automotive world. I have realised that cars are like human beings/family members with a heart of steel. That they also need a 'lot' of care and occasional 'pampering'(FFE,CAI,etc). After reading Tanvir's (tsk1979) travelogues I have realised with watery eyes, what all i have always wanted to do but always missed .

My current daily ride is 2000 OHC1.3. Have started 'pampering' it. Will soon be asking for suggestions from you all. Octavia 1.8TP is my evening/highway ride. Absolutely no pampering for her. I can only afford one pampered kid.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd May 2010 at 12:30. Reason: Removing reference to underage driving.
Old 1st May 2010, 09:46   #2
BHPian

Hi autoholic. Nice little intro there. I'm 16 right now, not allowed to drive though.

Head over to the Modifications and Accessories forum to know how to 'pamper' your ride.

See you around!

Cartman.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd May 2010 at 12:30. Reason: Removing reference to underage driving.
Old 1st May 2010, 11:38   #3

Hi Autoholic, good to note that you are now keen on taking care of the cars.

I am car lover, I devote quite a bit of my time grooming it. I do both the interior cleaning and exterior cleaning. It then became my passion and profession (part time). During this journey I learnt that car grooming is not just cleaning, it is a science and art - you might think I am joking - honestly you need to know the chemicals, equipment and then have the precision to finish each task perfectly.

Let me know if you need any advise on grooming you car/s.

Regards Sid
Old 1st May 2010, 21:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Hi autoholic. Nice little intro there. I'm 16 right now, not allowed to drive though. Lucky that you got drive at the age of 15.

Head over to the Modifications and Accessories forum to know how to 'pamper' your ride.

See you around!

Cartman.
Have already started pampering my ride dear. Upgraded from 175/70 R13 to 195/55 R15 tyres & FFE installed. CAI next in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced View Post
Hi Autoholic, good to note that you are now keen on taking care of the cars.

I am car lover, I devote quite a bit of my time grooming it. I do both the interior cleaning and exterior cleaning. It then became my passion and profession (part time). During this journey I learnt that car grooming is not just cleaning, it is a science and art - you might think I am joking - honestly you need to know the chemicals, equipment and then have the precision to finish each task perfectly.

Let me know if you need any advise on grooming you car/s.

Regards Sid
Thanks for the offer, will surely be contacting you mate.
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:51   #5
BHPian

Welcome on board Autoholic! Have a pleasant stay here with people who love there cars.

Regards,
D

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd May 2010 at 12:32. Reason: Removed the previous reference to underage driving.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks