Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 16:12   #1
BHPian

Entering a great community of auto enthusiasts - booked a Fiesta SXi

Dear Team-BHPians,

It is a priviledge to be part of this community and i should consider myself lucky to be enrolled as a member in the first entry. Very happy you all accepted me.

A breif about myself :
I am Swaminathan Narayanamurthy and people call me 'swami' and from Chennai. I am married and have two daughters 12 and 8. Wife is a housewife.
I work for a Global Supply Chain Logistics service provider and taking care of the operational processes for the Asia Pacific region.
My Hobbies :
Photography - i own a descent set of gear in the form of Nikon D80 with few specific lenses to cover a descent range and a member of ephotozine.
HIFI audio - Again, i have accumulated a set of entry level components like NAD, CA, Mission etc., and have a set up in my living room and a smaller one in another room with a DIY speakers made of Sewage PVC pipes. I am also a member of HIFIVision.
Model Railroad - Not pursuing it extensively, but made a nice 7'x3' layout for my home with HO scale locomotives and rolling stocks.

OK, now the most important part :

Started to have a car in 1999 in the form of a Maruti 800 provided by my company and then bought my own second hand Indica DLX. Then bought my first NEW car Santro Ziplus and then migrated to a Sedan in the form of Opel Corsa 1.4 GSI which i owned till yesterday evening for 5 years.

I loved the Opel Corsa and took care like a baby and it served me very well. I liked the ruggedness of the car with its heavy gauge steel and a silky smooth suspension. But, since it was outdated with Opel closing shop etc., i decided to give it of as it would not fetch me anything if i continue to keep it for more time.

TEAM-BHP is the one forum i have been extensively browsing for the past one month researching for my next car. Decided and booked a Ford Fiesta SXI petrol Moon Dust Silver Colour and the TD was a fabulous experience. I did test drive on both SXi and S models and my personal interest was for an S model just because of its wheel size, tyres and its looks. But, i should say, when i took my wife and kids to the showroom, they liked the SXi because of its posh looking interiors and considered more to be a family car. I understood their interest and compromised a little and booked the SXI. I liked the way both cars handled and i should say S was a bit more to my liking. But family won !

I am taking insurance seperately as i have an NCB of 50% and it is easier to continue with them (TATA AIG). I am going to buy my own foot mats etc., as i do not like the black rubber one which they provide.

I have placed the booking with MPL ford, Chennai and expecting a delivery on May 19th which is my wedding anniversary.

I am thinking of taking delivery and taking it straight to a tyre dealer to upsize the tyres to 185 65 R14. I am still reading this forum for the best brand and i think Michelin Energy XM1+ will win based on the ride comfort and other parameters. I would also go in for a Sun control film. These are my only upgrades as of now as the car comes with everything else what i would want.

May be i will upgrade the speakers and add a spoiler later as it looks great on this wonderful car.

Eventhough i was not a member of this community till yesterday, my decision to go in for this car and all other upgrades where influenced ONLY by this forum and i sincerely thank whoever have contributed over years on so many threads. I have read through the PDI check list and have made a note. VIN number is noted from the car today and verified and it is April 2010 car BSIV compliant. Thank you All.

I will write about my experience once i take delivery and also post photos for your reference. Looking forward to having long stint in this great forum.

Thanks again

Swami
Old 14th May 2010, 17:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro and hobbies. Hope to see you share your experience and suggestion on those too.

Good choice and a nice package it is. Check out long term reviews by suman etc too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...iesta-sxi.html

The OR tyres tend to be comes useless after few thousands of kilometers ( if its good year). Michelin as you have found is a good choice.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:58   #3
BANNED

Warm welcome to the forum Mr.Swamy.

You have made a good choice, Looking forward to your Fiesta SXi Ownership thread with Tons of pictures with that D80.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Let me congratulate you on your booking before the Mods close this thread. The Fiesta 1.6 is a fantastic car to drive. I am sure you will have lots of fun.

EDIT: Oops, I thought this was in the TD section. lol

Last edited by Gilead : 14th May 2010 at 18:15.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to t-bhp, Swamy! I'm sure you'll love it here

Nice choice of car, the fiesta is a great handler. Do start an ownership thread when you get it!
Old 14th May 2010, 20:35   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the forum, swami. Nice hobbies, I must say. You are ready for that ownership report. Make full use of Nikon there.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:48   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum swami69!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
My Hobbies :
Photography - i own a descent set of gear in the form of Nikon D80 with few specific lenses to cover a descent range and a member of ephotozine.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ge-thread.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ge-thread.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...e-pg-78-a.html

3 threads you MUST visit as a photography enthusiast.
Old 14th May 2010, 21:04   #8
BHPian

Thanks to one and all for your warm welcome. Also for giving links to other threads of interest. Sure, i will try and make best use of my limited photography skills to write and picture a descent review of this great car.

swami
Closed Thread

Most Viewed