Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2005, 12:51   #1
BANNED

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone,

It's nice to have a forum like this where one can discuss cars and know more about cars they own, don't own, plan to own, dream of etc. I hope the members of this forum benefit out of me as much as I benefit out of them.

Whatever little I would like to disclose about myself is on my profile and I guess that's all that needs to be said about a simple guy like me.

Call me stupid, but I've been trying to figure out how to start a thread on here and can't find that post new thread button anywhere (and yes, I did look in the FAQs too), but under this section. Maybe one needs to be a member for sometime before they can post new threads or maybe I am blind??? LOL

Well, you all drive safe and have fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this the right place to make a post, but I've already mentioned that I just can't seem to find the start a new thread button anywhere, but here, so, here goes....

Skoda RS (Ridiculous Seats??)

I wonder how come no one has mentioned that the steering wheel caresses the thighs not only while entering and getting out of the Skoda RS, but also while driving. I am only a little over 6’ in height and there are so many guys out there who are taller than me. I adjusted the steering wheel and the seat all that I could, but the problem persisted. Another very disappointing thing about the Skoda RS is that apart from the bad rear seat and the comfort level it offers is the comfort level offered by the driver seat… It’s bad!!!

Oops! I forgot!! Some even complain about the rear end visibility levels while parking, but that’s what the parking sensors are there for!!!

Please don’t tell me all the Skoda RS drivers are below 6’ in height… That I will not buy!!
Old 20th October 2005, 18:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp, Mr. Boombastic

i accept ur opinion about the RS seats. I'm 6'2" and every single car in this country gives me dirty stains in my pants near the thighs . Find a car which wont do that, and i'll give the cheque right now. (no exotics please) !
Old 20th October 2005, 18:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey Mr. boombastic
welcome to the forum.hope you have an enjoyable stay.

Rev
Old 20th October 2005, 18:38   #4
BANNED

Hello nitrous and revtech and thank you both for the welcome. Nitrous, I totally agree that most cars in India have the same problem (even the Honda CRV). God forgive me for suggesting these two cars, but have you tried the Toyota Corolla and Hyundai Sonata Embera, that are both by no means exotic? Do let me know if you have as I have never had the problem of the steering wheel rubbing against my thighs while driving in these two cars. Also, if these two cars help in solving the problem for you, I'm just glad I could help and you can save on the cheque you offered me LOL.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 20th October 2005 at 18:44.
Old 20th October 2005, 19:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, enjoy your stay.
Old 20th October 2005, 19:39   #6
BANNED

Thanks, sridhar24. It's nice to see people are so welcoming on this forum.
Old 20th October 2005, 19:52   #7
BHPian

hi MRBOOMBASTIC(cool name!!!)
welcome to the team and enjoy your stay.........
if you are having any problem with threads or pics just read the announcement section All the information is provide in there..
Old 20th October 2005, 20:20   #8
BANNED

Hey streetlife, thanks a bunch for liking my nickname, the welcome and for having guided me to the Announcements section, I found the information I was looking for in there .
Old 20th October 2005, 21:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey MR, welcome. Have fun and enjoy ur stay.
Old 20th October 2005, 22:28   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Mr Boombastic,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
My dad is 6'1 and he has never complained about the steering rubbing thighs and he drives a corolla easily. Even the Palio.
Old 21st October 2005, 07:53   #11
BANNED

Thanks for the welcome, kartik247 and lamborghini. Lamborghini, you are right about your dad (who is 6'1") being able to get in/out of and drive a Toyota Corolla with ease, but as far as the Fiat Palio goes, I owned a Fiat Palio GTX for a few months when it was launched and the steering rubbing against the thighs was never a problem while driving, but it was a problem while getting in/ out of the car. Also, I like your icon, it's funny LOL.
Old 21st October 2005, 10:05   #12
BHPian

aloha , Mr. Boombastic ,

welcome to Team BHP....
Hope you enjoy your stay here .and looking forward to your posts here .

Ps : My younger brother is 6'3 and even thow he drives a zen , i guess he says he feels a wagon R or a Versa is best suited for some one of his height .
Luckly i am not that tall so all you guys who cant fit in to the Skoda Rs ,and want to get rid of the car , please PM me i will take care of your problem and not even charge u guys
Old 22nd October 2005, 10:59   #13
BANNED

Thanks for the welcome, Badcheetah. I would love to post more, but I have to make 50 posts before I can start a thread and trust me, there are at least 3-4 threads I am eager to start right away.
Old 22nd October 2005, 15:16   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
I would love to post more, but I have to make 50 posts before I can start a thread
Hey there MyFriend Mr.Boombastic !!

Remember Slow and Steady WINS the RACE.

Also quality and not quantity matter My Friend,

You will get there soon my friend .There is a reason why there is a cap of atleast 50 posts .You see till the time you reach your 50th posts , you have a fair bit idea regarding the rules governing the posts and other regulations . I am sure the mods wil agree with me on this .

Any insights to the threads that you wanna start ???
Ps: Check if they already exist and may be then u can contribute in that thread itself . worth a look dont you think .

Happy writting ...
Old 23rd October 2005, 06:23   #15
BANNED

Badcheeta??? I really don't know how to reply to your comment. Umm... Quality over quantity? That's what I always believe in, but why are you telling me that?? LOL I never said I want to post for the sake of posting... I have serious viewpoints on a few cars that I want to discuss and share/ acquire knowledge on. Also, like you said, slow and steady wins the race... I'll tell you slowly and steadily what the threads I want to start are (when I am done with my 50 posts I need to post before I can actually start a thread)... Too many freaks like Pulsarian stealing other peoples posts and reviews online. Meanwhile, have fun and drive safe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks