Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 20:24   #1
BHPian

A Professor's story, Cars=Passion, Insatiably, Undoubtedly.

Prologue:

In an although boring and Scheduled life an email that i ve been longing for brought much awaited joy and zeal after being rejected earlier, so excited i threw a small party to my colleagues as i was now a proud member of the prestigious indian car enthusiasts team,team BHP.

Hello all superb members i am Navdeep (27) i am more than
happy to be amongst all you petrolheads. I am an Asstt. Professor in
Management ( its actually intersting then it seems to ) and have my own business as well. I ve been regular visitor of team bhp since two years and always wanted to be a part and finally here i am.

Initial steps:

Right from my birth i ve been car + bike enthusiast, basically
anything with wheels always thrilled me to the core.
My dad being an IAS officer i started learning driving on a 4x4
gypsy ! in class 2nd.

Well my first car was a Zen i got in ninth class and i still can
remember the feel your 1st car gives. That fragrance, those alloys,
that kenwood cassette stereo which i got for 18k at that time ! Those
were the days of frolic and fun, no tension only enjoyment.
Well, times changed and so did my life, the thoughts, the rides, the
love, everything.

Dad gifted me a Royal Enfield which was always my dream bike, its thump was mesmerizing to me and my friends, got it ready with nice pair of alloy wheels and nice Duro tire in no time.

It Continues:

My first mistake was buying a Indica after selling my Zen which was a headache as it was simply tonnes of steel ,no engine that time

My elder brother feared my Indica for the Top class black smoke it produced from its silencer every morning, and few more embarassing mechanical failures made me sell it too and finally i took a sigh of relief.

Went to buy an Esteem but finally settled down for much robust and masculine Opel Astra Club, had heard a lot about its AC so i thought why not- a good AC, Electronic ORVMs,sunroof and a german vehicle and finally bought it. It was sheer pleasure owning it for 2years, meanwhile Dad got himself a white Honda City for which i just went drooling and soon Honda was mine, opel was brothers, while Dad enjoyed his Toyota Qualis.

Joined my MBA after my Graduation, felt a need for a stronger yet Technically sound vehicle which should rev hard when required, got a lot of criticism from Mom and Bro but finally a Mahindra Scorpio was in my Garage as i sold my Honda for a good price (Honda and Toyota have awesome resale value)

I have mentioned above that i did a major mistake buyind a Indica, well thats half truth, i kept my scorpio for 2years which never gave any problem, just once i had my breaks failed while going to Macleodganj hilly area, a nearby pile of cement and some hand braking trick saved us. us = me and my classmates who were all in shock after the incident, and here comes the major and worst automobile mistake of my life, i sod my scorpio and guess what, i got blessed from satan with a Skoda Octavia Rider.

Job for car maintenance:

Meanwhile had got my job in equity and securities and believe me, its account was like an Ecs kept for skoda servicing and maintenance.Saw a new skoda standing at workshop on 2nd service, and guess what that same vehicle was still there on my 3rd service, when asked about it, the service manager replied 'it came back after one month, basically the owner drove too fast which is not recommended and its power steering pump busted, a new one is for 1.8 lacs ! a new maruti800 i guess.

Joined my mphil and got job as Lecturer in management soon, meanwhile
I spent a lot of time and money on Octavia but eventually sold it and the small car bug bit me, it was Swift diesel all over as a talk of town and well i thought lets get a good engine, good servicing, good mileage and bought a Swift Vdi in 7 days due to dads power otherwise it was simply not available.Its an amazing vehicle,much sound then the skoda which got sold immediately due to my 5star maintenance.

Brother too has a Swift Vxi and Ford Fiesta 1.4 which are actually both happy engines i should say.

Wedding Scene:

As we say in Punjab'' Munda Jawaan ho gaya'' and finally my parents decided to take my interest from cars to lifes next phase, and a chandigarh girl took away the groom in April 2009 and at that time i was happy that i had a practical Swift Vdi with me which can help me in some savings.

Year 2010:

Downsizing tasted nice and practical for few months but after 20000kms of the swift baby, i felt again a need to upsize my ride(basically it was more emotional then logical as we had other cars too)

Dad wanted a small car and arey Wah!! he said what should be done, i simply smiled and said take mine pops. He knew what was cooking and asked me about my latest demand and well well well it was not a sedan
no it was not another honda or slow paced Lancer which dad bought after selling Qualis.

Tata Safari 2.2 VTT,the irrerestible,my sapphire:

I had made up my mind after a lot of nice reviews and travelogues about the Safari and its mighty powerful and solid 2.2 VTT Dicor engine and finally after lot of hardwork purchased my pearl white Safari aka my sapphire

Have driven around 5k kms till date and every ride in it is a new experience.Will post its pics soon,its well dressed with nice rubber,alloys ,ICE and Team BHP stickers which look awesome

I am more then happy and excitrd to be a part of such an awesome community with equally awesome members, Team BHP is a religion,a routine and a requirement for all us enthusiasts for whom a small car scratch can increase blood pressure and heart rate and a small appreciation can make our day.As my school said 'Soaring high is my nature' hope Team BHP soars to greatest heights in times to come.
Love cars Live cars.
NST440
Old 25th May 2010, 20:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Check out the number of smiley restrictions per post, not more than 2 is allowed. Enjoy your stay here while adhering to the the board rules strict. Welcome to the forum again.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard mate! You have changed cars like how people change clothes Nevertheless, you got to experience the Good(Zen), Bad(Indica) and Ugly(Skoda) of cars i guess!!

Take time to go thru the board rules and follow them to avoid infractions.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:25   #4
BHPian

What a Luck man, experience of so many cars at your age. Welcome to the Forum Navdeep and all the best for your future stay in Team-BHP.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:05   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Navdeep. Hope you have a nice time here.

Would request you to go through the Announcement section before you continue posting further. We have strict rules on the number of smileys in any thread.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:16   #6
BHPian

Thank you everyone, sorry for the smileys just went through all rules, thanks for the warm welcome friends it feels nice to be guided by you all.
@abhinav - thanks mate nice analysis there
@SinghBhp & v12 - thx for the warm welcome i will surely avoid any form of anti BHP protocols.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed