Team-BHP - Hello to all from Wagoner - am new here :-)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello to all from Wagoner - am new here :-) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/82502-hello-all-wagoner-am-new-here.html)

Hi folks,

I have been following this forum for at least 2 years now and have immensely benefitted from the experiences which members have shared here.

I am 39-yr old and a journalist by profession. I got to know about Team-BHP while googling as at that point in time I wanted to make a long-distance trip to coastal Karnataka from Bangalore and was looking for route info and tips about long-distance driving. I found what I needed and more on this forum.

Began driving a car since 3 years and getting interested in automobiles and long distance driving.

I love drawing, fiction, cartooning, movies ..and recently been interested in Indian classical music. I have also recently begun collecting vinyl LP records and intending to enlarge my collection.

I own a WagonR and it is my first car. I hope to own a SUV some day soon.

:-)

~W

HI Wagoner ,Welcome to Team BHP !

Hope you get to know all info on cars and everything on automobiles here:)

And you say you are a journalist ,are you a cartoonist too?

Thanks Joshguy for the warm welcome :) You guessed right I indeed do cartooning and have also worked as a professional cartoonist for a weekly paper ages ago. My forte was political comic-strips. No longer doing cartooning professionaly but only in my sparetime.

I love that name WagoneR

My eyes are wide open now. Did I read vinyl lp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1916407)
My eyes are wide open now. Did I read vinyl lp?

Hi MX6,

Do you collect vinyl too? My prized possessions, in my collection, being "Down Memory Lane -- Lata Mangeshkar" LP 33 1/3 rpm from HMV, 1981, which was autographed and personally presented to my father by Lataji, way back in 1982. It's a pity, her autograph is wearing out though, and can be seen only when I hold the LP jacket at an angle in the sunlight.

My other fav in my collection is: Mukesh ke Bhajan, a 45 rpm record which has the bhajan's Jin Ke Hriday shri Ram base :-)

Lately, my uncle presented me a part of his LP collection which has MS Subbalakshmi, Bhimsen Joshi, Sudhir Phadke, Ravi Shankar etc.

~Wagoner

I usually take a note on any newbie's post & don't post a welcome note simply to increase my post count. But I'm making an exception here to extend my warm welcome to another proud WagonR owner. Its truly an amazing car isn't it? Its got the power of a sedan, the economy of a compact car, the comfort of SUV & all nice things packed into one simple good car isn't it? Once again, welcome aboard.

Aargee, thanks for your warm and wonderful welcome.

You all are a bunch of warm folks out here and sure do know how to make a person feel at home:-)

WagonR is indeed an awesome car and I love its qualities that you described. I also love its high seating and the excellent visibility it provides.

Being over six-feet tall, WagonR gives me a lot of legroom and space that I need to enjoy my drive comfortably. I have driven over 70,000 kms now and -- touchwood -- the car hasnt given me any problems. And I also take good care of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1918031)
I usually take a note on any newbie's post & don't post a welcome note simply to increase my post count.

Well, posts made in the introduction section are not counted towards members' post counts! So you can rest assured that all welcoming posts are made with the right intentions (or the welcomer isn't quite clued in ;))

Welcome aboard Wagoner!

cya
R