Team-BHP - the Safari BUG!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   the Safari BUG!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/82822-safari-bug.html)

Hi

Well let me start by passing the due credit to the benbsb29 akka benny boy (I thought i would just get away by sending PM with thanks note but he needed a public announcement :P). Benny and I work for the same firm and I always saw him spending hours over this forum and had no clue as to what it was.

Couple of days later I realised it was about everything in auto industry and started following it. Little did I realize that I became an avid guest member(who was spending hours over the forum) and I was too lazy to become a member (though there were times when I wanted to post replies but couldn't).

Oh so this is the intro, so let me start here. My friends call me Sid and hence my username as well and obviously I own a Dicor 4X2 beast(no brownies for guessing as this being the first part). I work in the software industry and love CARS, music, swimming etc. (not necessarily in the same order).

I have never owned(registered in my name) a vehicle before Dicor 2.2, but have been used/using still
4 wheelers - Maruti800
2 wheelers - Yamaha RX-100 and Baja Pulsar-150cc
stupid: I ended up owning the black BEAST(that's how i refer my Dicor) even after reading all the cons out here, but am absolutely delighted with my acquisition so far(drafting my ownership experience-will post sometime soon). Lot of people who own this(Safari) can understand and relate to why I ended up owning this BEAST.I am presently based out of Gurgaon but Bangalore still remains the base location.

BTW I still am trying to understand the mods out here(have tried to read all posting rules and follow it) as I was one of those second time lucky guys. (the first attempt of membership was rejected for 1 of 3 reasons, which one I am still figuring out).

That's all for now.
Cheers
Sid

Welcome Aboard Safari Sid. :)

Nice introduction. BTW, ostensibly this forum is all about people passionate about automobiles. Actually it is a lot more than that. It is a forum about passionate people - who are passionate about so many things in life - automobile, computers, gadgets, fitness ....

What do you do in the software industry ? I am always curious when people say that they are in s/w.

Welcome to Team-BHP, Sid. :) Its great to see you here.

So, which sub-forum was it, which got you hooked?

Congrats on the new Safari, i didnt know. So, how much has it clocked so far? Why dont you start with an Initial ownership report, as well as pics? There is also a dedicated thread for Safari pics, so do put up some pics there.

You've mentioned you've gone through the forum guidelines, so see you around.

Welcome aboard sid.. Nice introduction, too.

I'm sure you will find like-minded people here. Enjoy the forum, as you have been doing.

Wishing you many safe miles on your Safari.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1917402)
What do you do in the software industry ? I am always curious when people say that they are in s/w.

Well I work as consultant on sustainability and go green initiatives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1917660)
So, which sub-forum was it, which got you hooked?

Congrats on the new Safari, i didnt know. So, how much has it clocked so far? Why dont you start with an Initial ownership report, as well as pics?

Lot of them :)

Well its exactly 13 days now and have clocked about 2800 kms :-). Yup I do intend to start the report soon. Havent clicked pics yet and intend to give the BEAST some looks before I shoot it.