Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 15:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid
I am doing a pune calicut (thats in kerala) dirve on the 24th of this month. But I guess that will be in a 2001 esteem with the person you saw on the fender of the vtec.
May I suggest that you dump the Esteem for that trip? For a drive like that you SHOULD take your Vtec along.

Driving via Bangalore? I'd suggest that over NH17, which is more like a city road (in terms of traffic) once you drive into Kerala.
Old 9th December 2005, 15:53   #17
BHPian

Clean looking vtec! Honda really makes some great engines, and its good to see Vtec technology entering the indian market. However, from the performance point of view, I still think VVTI is a notch better, as I toyed around a lot with the motor on my Lexus IS300, it responded very well to mods at all RPM's. The Vtec is great but its much like an 'on/off' switch, unlike VVTI (toyotas/lexus) which is the equivalent, operating at all RPM's
Old 11th December 2005, 13:03   #18
BHPian

NH4 or NH17?

As i mentioned in the post, I have a pune calicut trip coming up this month. Which would be the better route to take. Steeroid mentioned that NH17 is like a city road once in kerala. But if the drive till mangalore is a bliss, the overall picture would still be ok. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I have no knowledge about road conditions on either route. How long would the pune bangalore stretch take with aaj ka road conditions?
Old 11th December 2005, 13:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid
NH4 or NH17?

As i mentioned in the post, I have a pune calicut trip coming up this month. Which would be the better route to take. Steeroid mentioned that NH17 is like a city road once in kerala. But if the drive till mangalore is a bliss, the overall picture would still be ok. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I have no knowledge about road conditions on either route. How long would the pune bangalore stretch take with aaj ka road conditions?
Megazoid

The drive to Mangalore is bliss, but the experience from there till Calicut can make you forget everything else you did before. Trust me - you dont want to drive 4 hours in city traffic.

Unlessss you drive to Mangalore by day and start the Mangalore-Calicut stretch at night, after a bit of R&R in Mangalore. The roads are usually good, so you should be able to maintain an average speed of about 80-90 kmph since there is no traffic.

NH4 to Bangalore is fine, and from there you can drive to Calicut thru Wynad, which is a great drive. Start from Bangalore early in the morning and you should be in Calicut in about 4 hours.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2005, 20:05   #20
BHPian

Hello there Megazoid ,
Welcome to the forum .
Nice Vtech you got there man . looks real good ... Conrats on a well maintained car ..

Enjoy your stay here ....
Old 12th December 2005, 20:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

2 small corrections:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
The drive to Mangalore is bliss,
Make that upto Udupi, or even Kundapura. After that its maniac-bus zone again. Great point for a late-afternoon stop would be the Turtle Bay resort just before Kundapura, and you can tackle the rest of the journey after the terrorists have gone off the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Unlessss you drive to Mangalore by day and start the Mangalore-Calicut stretch at night, after a bit of R&R in Mangalore.
There is another option here - drive thru from Managalore thru Kasargod till you cross a railway gate just before Neeleswaram. About 1/2 a km down the line from the railway gate is a bridge across a river and by the side of this bridge is a very nice riverside resort called 'Nalanda'. This is also a good place for a stop-over till nightfall so that you can tackle the rest of the journey after said terrorists get off the road.
Old 13th December 2005, 00:04   #22
BHPian

thanks a ton for all the info. I need to work on my esteem headlights and also get a service done before I start. The reflectors are in bad shape at the moment. I have decided to go via bangalore and then take the wayanad route to calicut. Will halt at bangalore for a day and then proceed.

Last edited by megazoid : 13th December 2005 at 00:07.
Old 13th December 2005, 00:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Welcome, your car reminds me of my 1.5 Exi back home.

Bro thats not him on the fender. His name's Mr. Hari.
Oh sorry Mr hari...I think I got it all wrong....I thought Megazoid was the one sitting on the fender...So sorry!

Last edited by The Wolf : 13th December 2005 at 00:40.
Old 13th December 2005, 11:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Oh sorry Mr hari...I think I got it all wrong....I thought Megazoid was the one sitting on the fender...So sorry!
no problem buddy. Pleased that you all liked the car. Being in pune with a car is like waiting to get out of jail. You look forward to those weekends when you can take it out onto the expressway and do some good smooth driving. I am waiting for one of those weekend adventures that you normally have!
Old 19th February 2006, 16:48   #25
BHPian

hola Hari !

Found you at last !

Old 19th February 2006, 19:03   #26
BHPian

Welcome to TeamBhp ............ and to the Pune gang!!

Nice ride!!
How was the drive to calicut?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks