Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:01   #1

From Bangalore, with love

I'm a 35 year old software engineer residing in Bangalore. And according to the statistics available to me here now (means: I'm making this up), I'm the 2,87,68,754th person to migrate to this wonderful city in search of a career in IT. That was back in 1997. Since then, I've worked out of other cities and countries but always had Bangalore as my home. I'm happily married; our 4 year old daughter and 3 year old son do everything they can to keep me and my wife in a fit shape. With all the running and shouting we do with the kids, our stamina should be ideally equal to Olympian athletes.

I own a M800 which served me and my wife faithfully for many years. But, kids are growing and my requirements are also changing. It's time for an upgrade. And, searching for car reviews online introduced me to Team-BHP, and I've since got addicted to this community. Hoping the community will help me in making a decision on "What car?". And yes, I am also ready to get confused by the many choices that this community points to any potential car buyer.
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:50   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerendra.kiran View Post
I'm a 35 year old software engineer residing in Bangalore. And according to the statistics available to me here now (means: I'm making this up), I'm the 2,87,68,754th person to migrate to this wonderful city in search of a career in IT. That was back in 1997. Since then, I've worked out of other cities and countries but always had Bangalore as my home. I'm happily married; our 4 year old daughter and 3 year old son do everything they can to keep me and my wife in a fit shape. With all the running and shouting we do with the kids, our stamina should be ideally equal to Olympian athletes.

I own a M800 which served me and my wife faithfully for many years. But, kids are growing and my requirements are also changing. It's time for an upgrade. And, searching for car reviews online introduced me to Team-BHP, and I've since got addicted to this community. Hoping the community will help me in making a decision on "What car?". And yes, I am also ready to get confused by the many choices that this community points to any potential car buyer.
Hearty Welcome to this wonderful Forum.
You & your wifey need to be more fit & staminized (both physical & mental) in the morning while sending your kids to the school.
Lots of cars launched recently into the market.
Tons of confusion.
regards
Sree
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:17   #3
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Your made up figures will scare the daylights of any bangalorean. 2,87,68,754th way back in 1997 means the city should now be un-inhabitable
Guess next time don't use the estimation guidelines available at office to arrive at such numbers. They are better left for official work.

Welcome to T-BHP. Loads of choices. But the main issue is loads of constraints as well. Happy hunting for your dream car!
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:58   #4

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, loads of choices. I don't know how much time a typical Indian car buyer takes to make a decision on the car, but for me the hunt started sometime in the Sep/Oct last year. As I already have a car, and the forum here is abuzz with all the releases slated for 2010, I decided to wait for all the small car launches. And as soon as a launch is announced, the wait for GTO's review used to start. I must admit that the reviews here are the most thorough I've come across anywhere on the net.

I'm still eagerly waiting for Micra's review, as this is on top of my list, closely followed by Figo. But, like MX6 pointed out, I've loads of constraints as well. I've some unique requirements (like everyone does) from my car. First, I need complete my read-up of the "What car?" section, and see if I need to start another thread or use an existing thread.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:10   #5
BHPian

Hey!
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you have a great time here!
Old 24th June 2010, 13:38   #6
BHPian

Hi Veerendra, welcome to Team-BHP. Rightly said by you - be ready to be confused. But IMHO (as I too am a newbie) this confusion is great for the one very important decision we are gonna make soon - of a new car.

Have a great time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks