Team-BHP - New entry from Hyderabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New entry from Hyderabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/85-new-entry-hyderabad.html)

Hi

I am Satish. I am from Hyderabad, but right now I am in USA for a couple of months on a project.

I was having a Maruti Zen till last month which I got from my Dad. I sold it on the day I flied to USA. Immediately after I return back I am planning to buy Fiat Palio Diesel.

In USA I drive Hyundai Accent Coupe which is owned by my Company ( they did not buy a different car). This car is similar to Viva in India but is a coupe and has a different ugly looking grill). It has good torque engine but mated with a very bad automatic gearbox. The engine roars alot but the car does not show any punch and guzzles gas like a big yankee car. During my last visit I had a 1988 model Honda Accord. Except for the brakes, It was much better car to drive compared to the 2003 Accent Coupe I drive now. I crashed the Honda on my last visit and it was towed to junk yard. I am fortunate I was not driving Accent on that day. I got out of the car unhurt.

I read a lot of good things about Palio but not about the after service. But I cannot find any other better car in my price range. My Dad owns the new Siena 1.2 and I really love driving that car. It gives the feeling of a much bigger car.

In this visit I am buying lots of scaled down models. Already I bought 1:24 Jaguar xk180, 1:18 1998 Corvette convertible and 1:18 2003 Dodge viper convertible. Man, these are so cheap here. I bought the 1:18s for $15-17 and the 1:24 for $7. Planning to buy some more if I come across some good ones.

I came to know about team-bhp yesterday through another site. I liked the posts in this site alot and will contribute alot from my side.

Cheers

Satish

Hey Satish.
When are you back here?
Palio is a good chioce.
Try to to get some models from Franklin Mint Collection since you're at it.
Welcome to TBHP.

Hi Rudra
Thanks. I will return to India in August second week. I will try to find some Franklin Mint collection.

BTW, are there any new colors available for Palio Diesle? When I was in India, there were no sporty colors and so I decided to go for black. Hope they are going to launch Sporty red by August.

hi satish u r the fourth guy from hyd!
the others being me ,stratos and dohc

not to worry hyd is now floating with red palio diesels with those comapny fitted rims, all inclusive for 5.5l!!!!

Thats great news for me aadix. Where do you guys stay and what do you drive?

I stay in the lane next to greenpark. And I work in Hi-tech city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hi satish u r the fourth guy from hyd!
the others being me ,stratos and dohc

Hey aadix, stratos is from Mumbai.

sorry
i meany chaxy!

sorry stratos

well dude i drive a tata safari, dohc drives a palio, chaxy a bolero

Hi Sathish,
Welcome to Team-bhp. Good to know that you are going to buy a palioD. looks like the Hyd guys are all driving Deisels.:D
Palio in red as Aadix pointed out is really fantastic! reminds you of ferrari. Pls dont buy the 1.2 L as its very sluggish.
Guys, I just test drove the Tavera. Its was OK overall. Feels 1000 times better than the qualis but no match for the Scorpio.
-chaxy

since you are in the US you should try and get some performance upgrades for your car and for your friends in hyderabad rather than get some models which are already freely avaialable in india for just a fraction more than what you would pay in the US. my thoughts - thats all

Have a see at my collection of 1:18 supercars below. They are all bburago makes. sadly, i havent added to my collection in recent times. I think franklin Mint has superb quality in details. Take care when you pack the 1:18 stuff in baggage from US. I screwed up a Porsche Boxter (1:18) once while returning from US

Take care,
-Chaxy