Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 03:53   #1

Hello from Scotland !

Hi there

Just thought of introducing myself. Been reading the forums for over a year, finally decided to join last week to talk to others who share similar interests i.e. cars and everything about them !

I am 23 and have been living here for the last 8 years and am self-employed.
Born in Delhi but lived overseas all my life. Work keeps busy but cars is what keeps me occupied in my free time ( mostly driving, test driving and just pretty much anything ). An IT graduate and post-graduate degree holder from Australia and UK, I dort of went in a totally different direction and became sore of a facilitator of imports and exports around the globe.

Currently drive an Alpine White '10 635d and loving every moment of it. Die-hard BMW fan so far and have owned a white 330d, a white 318d and a white 120d in the past ( big fan of the color white ! ). I do a lot of miles ( 30 - 50 miles everyday ) so diesel works out great that way.

Next planned car is a white Lamborghini Gallardo or a white M6 ( if things go good in life ) in 3-4 years. Insurance and cost of running is a big concern but will see when it comes to changing the car. Right now, things couldn't be any better on the 635d :-)

The things I have read and seen on the forum look and sound exactly like all the different variety of things I can talk about, hence, took the plunge and joined.

Anyways, hopefully we shall have some nice interesting conversations about cars and get the ball rolling.

Here are some pictures of the car for some visual pleasures :-) :

Hello from Scotland !-dsc_0145.jpg

Hello from Scotland !-dsc_0148.jpg

Hello from Scotland !-dsc_0180.jpg

Hello from Scotland !-dsc_0198.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Scotland !-5.jpg  

Old 13th July 2010, 12:00   #2
BHPian

Woow buddy I am drooling, BIG TIME! Keep the pictures coming and welcome to the club.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:39   #3
BHPian

Welcome onboard mate. Been to aberdeen and glasgow and i always refer scotland as "Wallpaper material". Its drop dead gorgeous. Hope to see you in the forums
Old 13th July 2010, 21:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard. May be you can help people about the starting problem in winter with diesel cars. How have you been cooperating with it? May be its a silly question but do they have some special feature in all the cars since its a cold area.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome! Great pics. Enjoy your stay here.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Welcome aboard. May be you can help people about the starting problem in winter with diesel cars. How have you been cooperating with it? May be its a silly question but do they have some special feature in all the cars since its a cold area.
I hadn't really thought about it. The coldest temperature I have come across is -14 degrees and all I did was put the key in and pressed the button. The engine started just fine. I am not too sure about this but I think they do put some low-temperature resistant stuff when the car goes in for servicing. Might have to get back to you on that.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:46   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard buddy. I have had the pleasure of the loch ness / visiting a scotch factory, had a sip of single malt and what not. As somebody said, its a postcard country with beautiful views of forts and rivers and lush greenery. haaa. , good old times.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time

Take care
Cheers
Old 14th July 2010, 00:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi G8128,

It is great to have you on board. Nice pictures of your car rolling sorry gliding sliding in the snow. Be a contributive member with all your experiences.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks