Team-BHP - Lucky Number "10"!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Lucky Number "10"! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/85713-lucky-number-10-a.html)

At last, I have become a member of Team-BHP, after trying for 9 times. Hence from now on my lucky number shall be "10".

I am 27years old and a Businessmen by profession based in Navi Mumbai. Since Childhood my ambition was to become a Pilot or Rally driver and the best part was that i knew nothing about either. By the time i completed my schooling and time to choose a stream for further educations, I just went with the flow and guidance of my parents and entered into Engineering field as the message from them was clear, "You have to Spearhead the Business started by your DAD".

END of the GAME.

Though I was equally happy joining the business but always wanted to continue with my hobbies. So the first thing I do is try to locate a Flying Club, some search and here it is "Juhu Flying Club" (this is around 6 or 7 years back). I go to the club and meet the official their, who explains me the qualification details required to obtain

a) Private Pilot License (PPL)
b) Commercial Piplot License (CPL)

and the Flying hours required obtaining either of them. Apart from this i would have to stay at the Hostel for 2 months to complete the course. The next thing he mentions is one of the best days of my life till date. I shall now give you the tour of the Plane and the cockpit in which we teach our students.

Passing through the Helicopters standing in the bay, i finally reach to the dream machine, i might fly. I was standing in front of a Single Engine Plane (not kept well) and next was taken into the cockpit. Where they explained so many things, which i could barely understand. The only words i could hear in my mind was of myself.

" Boss, Kuch Bhi Ho Jaye, Yeh Chheez to Udaani Hai".
Translation: Boss, everything else is secondary; I need to FLY this thing.

I keep on following up with them to complete my registration and start my course, the standard reply I received was "the faculty shall join in a week and we shall inform you". This went on till 6 months and eventually I had to give up on them. Today it is still a dream, though I have vowed to myself that someday I will fly it.

This incident had left me heartbroken and my mind was clear, Rally and Flying after retirement. Then one day i come across this beautiful forum, with so many like minded people and pools of Knowledge on any kind of vehicle. So after lurking for more then 2 months, i pull myself out of the lazy chair and give my first short for registring my self as a member. Now the wait begins for the mail from TBHP. Aha i finally receive a mail after 3 days, thats quick. I open the mail without looking at the subject and my heart starts to Ache. No its not a heart attack, worst a Rejection from TBHP, This was about 3 months from now. I keep on comming back and finally I succeed (I cant express the relief i had the day i saw my registration being approved).

I hope now being a part of this community, i would very soon be able to fulfill one of dreams. for a start will make sure not to miss any OTR comming up in this part of the world.

Regards from a very excited, happy, glad and proud to be a member of Team-BHP.

Nice intro and welcome to the club. Hope all your dreams become real soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 cruiser (Post 1987553)
Since Childhood my ambition was to become a Pilot or Rally driver and the best part was that i knew nothing about either.

I am happy to see someone with the same though of mine and for me it is still a dream come true.Especially the Rally !

Welcome on board !

Hi 4X4,
Welcome on board. It is a forum of knowledge. Here are the people to teach,people to learn and peoples to gain from each other.Please make use of it and contribute your knowledge and experience for the members benefit.

Thank you Classicselva, joshguy & navan.

Joshguy: glad to see someone having the same dream and yes we will make our dreams come true, BTW i see scope in your avatar pic, are you into shooting sports as well?

Navan: I am definetly here to learn and hope my limited knowledge will help others as well