Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 22:17   #1

Navigator has finally found his way to Nirvana

Hi all,
Its a great pleasure to be here. The one of a kind online garage for car aficionados. I am Thamim, an entrepreneur and management consultant from Cochin. I currently drive the Fabia 1.6 and the Audi A4 (both brilliant red). My previous cars were the Fiat Uno, Fiat Palio 1.9, Suzuki Swift and Hyundai i10. My car wish list includes a BMW boxster, Mitsubishi Pajero, a VW Touraeg and Skoda Yeti. (yes, you wouldve noticed the pattern there.)
I also like super-minis and the minicooper too, is definitely on my wish-list. I used to like the VW Jetta but one drive in it made me a harsh critic of it. The hard ride is the villain.
My Skoda Fabia is just a month old and i'm loving every bit of it. I was wondering how the same company that makes such brilliant cars can give such shoddy service? You all must be wondering how would a guy with a new car come to know about service. Well, two days after taking delivery of the car, i noticed a rumbling noise from the front left side of my car. Five workshop visits, innumerable phone calls and 11 days of grounding and still the noise is happily there. I wonder "aage kya hoga" (Whats going to happen in the future). Take care guys and keep revving! Love you all.
Thamim.
Old 20th July 2010, 23:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Mr.Navigator, enjoy your stay here & looking forward to see an ownership thread on Fabia & most importantly the Audi A4, as I'm a big time fan of Audi. Very beautiful car isn't it?

Here's a thread running & waiting to post a little more info - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-residing.html
Old 20th July 2010, 23:21   #3
BHPian

Hey Navigator, great choice of cars you have got

Quote:
I was wondering how the same company that makes such brilliant cars can give such shoddy service?
Well, Skoda's bad bad service ain't new on TBHP. You might want to check this out too ! Hope you don't have any more hiccups your Skoda. Enjoy both your beauties and get the ones on your wishlist ASAP
Old 21st July 2010, 04:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thamim Welcome to the teamBHP. It is sad to know the poor service qualities of skoda. They have very limited service centers and if the services are like this what will happen to the Skoda owners.
Old 21st July 2010, 12:36   #5

Hi Aargee, will sure post more stories on Fabia & Audi, the european siblings.
@ Prateek, Thank you so much. And thanks for the link.
@ Navan. Thank you. You're actually right. They (Skoda) have very limited service centers and is crammed in with cars. These guys are always behind schedule and things go all the more berserk when accident vehicles get towed in because they're never part of the work schedule putting more pressure on the workshop capacity. Anyways, I wish and pray that I wouldn't have to visit the service center except for my routine oil and filter change. Talking about filters, I am pondering about changing to K&N or greencotton filters for my Fabia 1.2. What do you guys think? Is it a prudent choice or should I continue with the stock filter?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed