Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 12:53   #1

Another Proud lady here!

Hello Car Pros,

I am 27 and work for a software firm as a Senior Firmware Engineer in Bangalore. I recently bought my i10 Sportz Grey. Sincere thanks to the forum. It has given me the means to be completely on my own. I even amassed quite a few freebies from the sales guy. If not for my frequent warnings to the sales guys :"I refer team bhp", they could have branded me gullible.

Some infelicitous facts now:
I find driving in Bangalore menacing and horribly scary
I bought my first car in California and being so used to driving there, I feel I have more to unlearn that learn here. I know my excuses sound rather lame . Driving is really not my cup of tea (especially now) but I am passionate about learning more. I read a lot of Team Bhp posts and seem to be learning a lot everyday!

What do I do apart from work? I sketch, paint glass and play Wii games.

I am really very excited to be here. I am hoping against hope that someday, I will contribute something valuable to the forum. I also wish I could get past 25 posts to become a real Team-Bhpian.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum, umaramnath ! I am sure you will enjoy your stay here.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umaramnath View Post
If not for my frequent warnings to the sales guys :"I refer team bhp", they could have branded me gullible.
Welcome.

yes very true. And I am sure majority of auto dealers and service centers in here is aware of this crazy forum [Rather crazy guys of forum ]

Quote:
I also wish I could get past 25 posts to become a real Team-Bhpian.
Hmm, on a lighter note. Start riding without giving trouble to others and you will be a proud BHPian.

Seeing 2 smileys only in your first post I am sure you follow the (forum) rule, I am sure you will.

Last edited by mjothi : 26th July 2010 at 13:05.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Uma, I hope you have a lovely time on Team-Bhp and share your interests with the rest of the gang.

I know how you feel driving down here and the unlearning process. It took me a year before I could blent in the Indian traffic but we do get there eventually

Congratulations on your new buy and happy ownership. Drive safe.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:57   #5
BANNED

Welcome to the club. Drive safe and congrats on the new buy.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its nice to have you here. Enjoy your new car and drive safe!
Old 26th July 2010, 14:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy and welcome to this forum.

Please post few pictures of your i10 .Which cars did you test drive,also do let us know why did you decide to buy an i10.
Old 26th July 2010, 15:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the T-BHP family.

I can relate with a sense of pride that being a part of the well informed group has its own advantages. Apart from the driving skill you may also need to polish your linguistic skills in a city like B'lore where the Californian slang would little help. All the best and keep posting of your intial ownership report.
Old 26th July 2010, 15:10   #9
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum Uma.

Its very good that you have used TBHP to buy your vehicle and i10 will never let you down for sure. I have been using an i10 Magna for last two years and it has been a good companion to me.

As far as traffic is concerned, the best thing to do would be to ignore it as somethings never change.

Looking forward to see you more often on the forum.

All the best form another lady member of this forum.

Regards

Mansi
Old 26th July 2010, 17:03   #10
BHPian

Welcome aboard umaramnath, team-bhp did help me too in lot of ways helping me learn lot of new things while i booked my Chevy Beat LT. The issue you are now facing with your driving in India is the same my brother-in-law also faces whenever he comes for holidays from US.

Good to see you interested in playing Wii games, i am a gamer too by hobby and own an Xbox 360 and Wii (with Wii fit)
Old 26th July 2010, 17:15   #11
BHPian

Welcome to the family,
I am sure you gonna have goog time here.

T.C
Old 26th July 2010, 22:02   #12
BHPian

Hi, Welcome to Team BHP.

A thousand thoughts flash in my mind as I read your post - A woman's thoughts are faster than the fastest cars in the world - and if I start putting them in words, it will be endless number of pages.

There are many women on this forum but most, apart from a flashy and fiery entry, have chosen to remain behind the veils.

Team BHP is a very delightful place and you will enjoy being a part of it. Hope to see you here often.

On that note, I have to say you need not necessarily write on cars. There is no topic on earth you do not find in Team BHP. So the venue for expressing your thoughts, perceptions and experiences is really a vast expanse. Feel free to write, share and enjoy as often as you can.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:15   #13
BHPian

Welcome on board Uma. Feels good to see more women here.
You can cross 25 posts just by replying here. This place is going to be flooded with welcome replies.
Old 27th July 2010, 00:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP Uma.
25 posts are achievable with in no time and you can be a proud Team Bhpian.
Do post some pics of your i10.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:21   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy Uma and welcome to T-BHP.
This is my 26th post. So through you , I'll become a true-blue T-BHPian.

Hope you bought an i10 AT.That would make life a bit easier in horrible B'lore traffic.

(1) Keep far far away from Volvo and BMTC buses (They are always in a hurry for some strange reasons)
(2) With rickshawallas and bikers thinking they are all avatars of Schumi and Rossi,please be ready for some scratches on your cute li'l car
(3) But please continue driving. In a matter of weeks, you will be able to adjust and be a part of this "crazy" B'lore traffic.

Best regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed