Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 22:01   #1
BHPian

Howdy!

Hi Everybody,
It's been a very long time since I wanted to introduce myself and I guess now is the time.I got hooked on to this amazing forum accidentally! I googled something and T-BHP was one of the result. Since then I have made this as my homepage! Never got registered until very recently but everything has got a start.
I'm born and raised in Bangalore and was in U.S for quite sometime. Came back to India during Feb 2010 and trying to settle down. Cars fascinate me. But I don't know, fortunately or unfortunately I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and never had sat in a car until I was 16.
My friends dad is a K.A.S officer and owned a Fiat and it was in the year 1992, I sat in that and listened to Michael Jackson's Dangerous album in his cassette player and was blown away. Since then Cars became my passion.

Time flew, finished college, joined the rat race, bought my first Bike (Hero Honda Splendor), got married, sold Hero Honda Splendor and bought Activa (wifey can also ride), went to U.S, settled there and everything was fine until I heard the news that my younger brother (age 32) passed away due to cardiac arrest. Came back to India and didn't have a heart to go back after his funeral. Wanted to be here with the family. so settled here.

Bought my first Car (finally) in India. It's a Maruti Alto LXI. Got done with the pre-registration inspection today (clicked some pics too ). Taking the delivery on 20th of this month (auspicious day according to my wife and I can't argue, it's gonna be a long wait)

I'm completely addicted to T-BHP and just loved the 10 commandments in the ICE section and it's so true considering my experience. I first wanted to spend 15K on ICE and now the budget is 30K +

It's a very warm and friendly forum here and I hope my stay here will be pleasant.

Cheers!
-Zombie
Old 8th August 2010, 13:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
...never had sat in a car until I was 16.
My friends dad is a K.A.S officer and owned a Fiat and it was in the year 1992, I sat in that and listened to Michael Jackson's Dangerous album in his cassette player and was blown away. Since then Cars became my passion.
Haha! Great

Quote:
...Taking the delivery on 20th of this month (auspicious day according to my wife and I can't argue, it's gonna be a long wait)
Congrats on the car! Your wife probably knows that she isn't going to get much attention once the car arrives, so is prolonging the wait

Quote:
...I first wanted to spend 15K on ICE and now the budget is 30K +
Sounds dangerous. All i can say is good luck!!

cya
R

PS - and yes ofcourse - the first album you should listen to in your new car on your new ice is...
Old 9th August 2010, 07:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Zombie,

Welcome to the BHP family. Enjoy your stay here coz the ride gets exciting with every passing day.

Sad to hear about your brother, man. Pls accept my heartfelt condolences. But life goes on and request you to move on too.

Do post your ownership experience with some great pics. Have a nice time. Happy and safe driving. Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed