Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2005, 23:26   #1

Great to join the group, I am..

Hi folks,

Feels great to join the group. Am simply blown away to see the quality of tech information being shared on the forum. Been in Bangalore for the past 5 yrs. Currently working as a techie in a comm. startup.
Am planning to go for a Baleno (would be my first car) Jan-feb next year. Though I'm waiting to evaluate Fiesta & see if there are other cars to be launched (Fabia, Aveo etc..) by that time.
Currently, I own a beautiful T'bird from the Royal Enfield stable.
On the personal front.. I love outdoor adventure sports, good food, good music and of course great movies.
Old 27th November 2005, 23:38   #2
BANNED

welcome my friend....you will love this site and we will love you
Old 28th November 2005, 00:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey dude

welcome to the forum.go through the announcement section thoroughly before you begin posting.the baleno is a good choice and im sure you wont regret it.but if your going to be using it on the highway often definitly get wider rubber.just do a search on the forum and youll get many threads duscussing the same.

anyway have a great stay !!

Rev
Old 28th November 2005, 00:26   #4
BANNED

you please do not go for baleno dude
fiesta will be anyday better
its fresh and
balenos only body will be frsh
well whats in the body...we guys do not go for the body(here i am talking about cars only)
Old 28th November 2005, 02:29   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagster
you please do not go for baleno dude
fiesta will be anyday better
its fresh and
balenos only body will be frsh
well whats in the body...we guys do not go for the body(here i am talking about cars only)
fiesta will be better any day??? whats that supposed to mean and whats the area of comparison...if its looks then yes the baleno's rear might look bland but the side profile looks ditto jauguar type if u can spot it that is..and fiesta being a new launch will anyday tend to create that giggle that happens with any newcoming car..

and coming to the engine trust me nothing can beat a baleno for pure drivability and and comfort..i test drove v1p3r's baleno today for nearly 30kms and all the time my shifts were like 1200rpm to 1600 rpm..idea was to see the torque the car so proudly boasts off and trust me its worth every penny u spend on it..even if ur driving at 50 in 5th gear that car feels smooth and not at all underpowered whatsoever..no knocking,nothing and the best part is even at 40kmph in 4th gear floor the pedal and u reach 100 mark in no time..personally speaking if maruti had a technology like the vtec kicking in at 4200 rpm then trust me baleno would have been the 1st drivers choise over any car..right now its the 2nd best drivers car on this forum and my favourite too even over the vtec for the simple reason that it has tremendous torque which is the most wanted for city driving and also the brakes arent as bad as the vtec which lock up pretty badly(from personal experience having drivin wolfs car) and also the rear stability of the vtec is not that great either at high speeds..

anyways buddy welcome to the forum and i would suggest to keep ur options open to all the cars..but given the traffic scenario in bangalore and the rest of the country baleno would be my 1st pick..

PS: actually im so impressed with the baleno that im onto something really really wild..lets wait and watch if it materializes..
Old 28th November 2005, 02:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dizzy, welcome aboard!

Mcl, good to see you are also impressed with the profile of the Baleno. It is beautiful in a very European/British way, which no one else seems to have noticed! And about the engine, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Guys, it would be lovely to see all of you at the Bangalore Burnout. Do make it a point to be there, schedule permitting.
Old 28th November 2005, 10:13   #7

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. My take on the scene so far..
Like v1p3r I too find the Baleno's side profile to be a lot sleeker than most cars, especially due to it's low height. I don't quite understand when people crib about Baleno's dated looks. Sure, the back could have been a bit sportier & the radiator grille & headlamps a tad bigger, but that's as far as it goes.
On the paper atleast the Fiesta 1.6 seems to be a good car when it comes to performance and handling -
146Nm@3400rpm v/s Baleno's 132Nm@3000 rpm and
0 - 100 in less than 12 seconds.
It's also supposed to have the next gen duratech engine with electronic fuel injection which is supposed to make it more fuel efficient than MPFI. Needless to say, Fiesta beats the Baleno hands down on interiors, beige & black v/s the Baleno's boring grey.
However IMHO Ford has priced it at quite a high premium - especially when you compare it to Baleno (1+ lakhs??). And there's no match to the Maruti dealer network.
Also heard from quite a few ppl. that Ford cars drive the costs through the roof when it comes to maintenance & spares.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks