Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 17:23   #1
BHPian

3 cheers to team-bhp - may I reintroduce myself

I joined this community some years back when I was as passionate about cars as I am now. Things have changed a lot with the community and the Indian automobile sector, and all for good. Though I have not made many, or is that any postings in the past, I do read a lot about all cars and public opinions on cars etc.

Having worked with the automobile market research sector, this site has always been a wealth of information. Currently, I work at Dubai, as a Research Analyst. I still do work with the automotive sector, albeit in a more passive role, with a consultancy that does dealership quality audits and mystery shopping surveys for car manufacturers.

The best thing about Dubai is the cars, and I for once have made good of this opportunity, in spite of my severely constrained yet satisfactory at most paycheck, I have been able to buy and enjoy some nice cars. Used cars are pretty cheap, especially the more interesting ones.

After getting a license the first car I bought was a VW Golf V6 4 motion. This particular model was a mark 4 golf launched in 2001 and had a 2.7 liter VR 6 engine with a six-speed manual transmission. A nice and entertaining car to drive. I sold it recently and bought a beautiful Alfa Romeo 156 with a 2.5 V6 and a manual tranny. Not a mean feat for a married guy with a tiny baby,so thats my current car.

Terribly hard clutch and small light-hearted issues aside, the car runs like it was designed with the mere purpose of making my day. I look forward to finishing work and driving home. The noise, the feel, it is a charm that one has to experience, the bitter feeling back in your mind, that something can break down, this feeling of agony is what adds up to the wonderful ownership experience.

My car history started with my family Maruti (yes) 800, I still have it, my sister's Ford iKon, better handling than a lot of other cars, I had also worked at a Tata dealership and sold countless Safaris's and other MUV's, old Sumo and Spacio still makes me want to drive them.

Lots of great experiences on Indian roads, like riding 120 Kms on my Vespa, with only 2 gears and no clutch and a broken exhaust, and broken headlamps through Kerala, my home town at night.

Oh, and I am from Kerala, in case you haven't noticed.

Sorry if I have typed too much, not sure if I can upload any pictures.

Expect to continue a more engaging experience here and best regards to all the guys and gals behind this form.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Amartya : 28th September 2010 at 11:37. Reason: 'Dotty' post, cleaned up.
Old 27th September 2010, 20:08   #2
BHPian

Lovely intro. Interesting personality. Welcome to the forum.
We all hope to learn from your experiences.

Nice handle btw.
leadf00t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2010, 11:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Lovely intro. Interesting personality. Welcome to the forum.
We all hope to learn from your experiences.

Nice handle btw.
Thanks for the welcoming...

Oh, and the handle was thought of by a louder, younger me .

cheers.

Last edited by Amartya : 28th September 2010 at 11:38. Reason: Edited this in conjuction to the main introductory post to remove excessive 'dots'
Old 28th September 2010, 17:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey spd_tkt,

Late better than never! You have/are driving the most beautiful cars. Being in Dubai, you have a golden chance of getting hold of some truck wheels like Humvy or the Landies and freak out through the dunes. Envy you man! Have a nice stay here
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks