Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 15:32   #1

Hello Team-BHP

Hello,
We moved to Bangalore after a few years in the US. We have 2 kids. I drove a Honda Civic in the US. The next time there is a team-bhp meeting in Bangalore I plan to attend.
Thanks for all the info on this forum.

I am going to buy a car or van in the next couple of weeks. My wife's preference is to buy a Toyota Innova (the diesel version as it probably has a higher resale value than the petrol version).
Old 9th December 2005, 18:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey oldmobile,

welcome to tbhp.and im sure youll enjoy your stay.incase you haven go through the announcment section.if you haven driven in india i think you should be a passanger for a while and see how to.it requires great skill lol(to avoid ) banging.

Rev
Old 9th December 2005, 18:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Innova is a great choice. Drive safe.

Drifter
Old 9th December 2005, 19:22   #4
BHPian

Nice to have you amongst us 'oldmobile' ...have a great stay. I give my Thumbs Up for the Innova, its a great choice.
Old 9th December 2005, 19:58   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome oldmobile. Looks like I dragged in one more member from the other forum.

Just curious about your id, I see it is a variation on the name oldsmobile, but it can also mean old cellphone or is it old car?
Old 9th December 2005, 22:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp, oldmobile.

Its a good decision to go for a toyota innova diesel. It'll have an excellent resale value. But, just b4 finalising the deal, try to take a 3 hours test drive of the innova around the bangalore city and check if u can manage to drive the vehicle on the crowded roads and if parking is convenient.
Old 9th December 2005, 22:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome dude..
Innova is one huge family car. And since u hav 2kids, it should suit all ur purposes. The interiors are really top quality compared to others in the class
Old 10th December 2005, 00:14   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Welcome oldmobile. Looks like I dragged in one more member from the other forum.

Just curious about your id, I see it is a variation on the name oldsmobile, but it can also mean old cellphone or is it old car?
I have a new cellphone and am planning to buy a new car. The old refers to me, the driver
Old 10th December 2005, 00:27   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Welcome to team-bhp, oldmobile.

Its a good decision to go for a toyota innova diesel. It'll have an excellent resale value. But, just b4 finalising the deal, try to take a 3 hours test drive of the innova around the bangalore city and check if u can manage to drive the vehicle on the crowded roads and if parking is convenient.
I don't think I will be able to drive any car for a few months or more in the city except between 10pm and 4am. I plan to take driving lessons. We plan to hire a driver. In a few months, I hope to be able to drive on long trips; will take the driver along and as soon as we reach a highway on the outskirts of B'lore will take over the driving for a while; at least that is the plan.

The only thing that concerns me is parking in the city.
Old 12th December 2005, 00:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only thing that concerns me is parking in the city.
Give a good thought about it. If the car is going to be 90% used only in bangalore city, i think u should look away from the innova. Its an excellentttt highway car. But, driving ,parking,.... is quite a hassle in the city.
Old 12th December 2005, 20:57   #11
BHPian

what is your New Mobile ?

Hey there Oldmobile ,

Welcome to the forum . Hope you enjoy your stay here .
The Innova is a good buy but if you plan to get the 8 seater one then i guess it will be reigistered as semi commercial one . Some stupid Law if you buy an 8 seater in your name,its registered semi commercial and if you are getting one in your companies name then its a commercial registeration .Some one mentioned it to me some days back ...funny some rules are ...

Well as to your comment bellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmobile
The old refers to me, the driver
I guess one never gets old , only Wiser !!!!

Enjoy your self ...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks