Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 18:17   #1

London to Delhi by Road

Hi Guys,

My name is Tushar Agarwal. My wife and I recently completed a 12000 kms journey from London to Delhi in 51 days driving through 15 countries.

The journey was a dream come true for me and I am happy to share details and help anyone else interested in going on a long distance road trip.

You can read my blogs and view pictures on Welcome to London Delhi by Road Overland Charity fund raising event for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in India

I am very passionate about driving and would like to drive all over India sometime in the near future. Anyone interested?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Tushar
reply2tushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2010, 20:14   #2
BHPian

Please post a travelogue

>>>
reply2tushar,

Please post your travelogue (with an excel detailing the distance travelled, fuel consumed, time taken and so on) if possible. It will be enlightening to long distance drivers here. Pics will be popular too.

Regards, drive safe
Old 28th October 2010, 20:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

welcome on team-bhp Tushar !!

wow 12000 km 15 countries 51 days!

please share your experiences in our Travelogues - Team-BHP section.

it will be very helpful for newbie's like us.

also go trough Announcements - Team-BHP & Team-BHP - Announcements in Forum : Announcements & Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ its important.

rgds,
Nikhil
Old 28th October 2010, 20:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

What a way to introduce yourself to the community; Hats off to your achievement.

Sure, I would expect to share you experience via a travelogue; incase you start one, I'll be looking forward on the details on planning, obtaining visa & crossing borders.

Welcome to TBhp & enjoy your stay here with us. Looking forward for a travelogue of 51 days.
Old 28th October 2010, 20:32   #5
BHPian

WAAAAOOOOWWWW!!! T-Bhp is privileged to have a member with such an outstanding experience and story to share!

I've heard a similar story from a French guy who did a trip from Pondicherry to France on his Enfield Bullet!

I am gonna sit and read your website word by word now!

Welcome to the forum Sir!
Old 28th October 2010, 20:47   #6
BHPian

Hello Tushar

I am very interested in the same, have been thinking of London Sydney, Paris Dakkar Races. Only from the perspective of long distance driving and not from the rally side.

The above anyways had planning done by the organizers. The above is to just illustrate trans continent road trips.

So why does it take 51 days for 12000 KMs? Was that by necessity/design?
Or were you spending time at various countries as you drive to India.
I will go through your link shortly.

I can get away for 20 days typically during December. So would love to get going.
As of now, i and my wife are travelling Bangalore to Himachal Pradesh and back by road the second time. This averages ~ 6750 KM and we do this in 6 days very comfortably.

We so far have been able to average 1000KMs per ~ 14 hours, the roads have been good. Primarily on Golden Quadrilateral.

Also

Can you help with what all are the border formalities involved and how do we tackle international road travel permits, visas etc.

Thank you

Pratap

Last edited by PM - B : 28th October 2010 at 20:51. Reason: Back to back posting
Old 28th October 2010, 20:50   #7
BHPian

Welcome to T-bhp,Where there is a wheel,there is a way!!!

Super Adventure Tushar.Keep up the good work and please adviice fellow bhpians on their expeditions!!!
Old 28th October 2010, 20:52   #8
BHPian

Man, we would love to hear a detailed travelogue on the drive. I have so many questions to ask about the drive. Please do start one ASAP !
Old 28th October 2010, 21:04   #9
BHPian

I am going through your blogs and website, i think that answers all of my questions with the exception of

1. Who will sponsor the Jeep and the trip for me ?
Old 28th October 2010, 21:31   #10
BHPian

Hey Tushar, welcome to T-Bhp, your blog is to good, the first time i started reading it, i read till 4AM in the mng (forgot to see the time). Appreciate your efforts and passion to chase your dreams.

Have fun here dude. You'll love this forum..

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 28th October 2010, 21:36   #11
BHPian

@reply2tushar

Kudos! Really great to know of your journey and the cause.

To answer your question "anyone interested to travel India", please count me in. Can we extend it outside India as well, like "Tour De World in Car"
Old 28th October 2010, 21:45   #12
BHPian

Nice to see you do this, I have been planning for something like this for quite sometime but finances and legalities involved have been constant dettering factors never the less congrats on doing something as big as this
Old 28th October 2010, 21:59   #13
BHPian

@ reply2tushar - Welcome to TeamBHP.

Hats off to both of you for the achievement
Dragonov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2010, 22:59   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, Tushar. I, among a lot of others on this forum, have been aware of your travel from London to Delhi earlier on, and had incidentally noted with interest how you avoided venturing into Afghanistan and Pakistan enroute. You have been talked about on this forum here.

As to driving all over India, forum members here, including me, often do that, and you'll find loads of travelogues in the relevant section. The most celebrated pan-India driver on this forum is unarguably hvkumar, and he is also some kind of mini encyclopaedia on roads and road conditions across the country. We would all look forward to your plans of driving all over India, and would be more than glad to extend any kind of help and advice that you might seek.
Old 29th October 2010, 00:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Tushar, welcome to the forum.
I followed the London-Delhi drive by you and Puja day by day wen you were posting in your web-site during the drive.
It was great fun to read the story unfold day by day.
Very expensive, needed lots of grit, courage and determination and surely, one of the most difficult journeys.
I hope the Cherokee had an uneventful trip back home.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed