Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 16:36   #1

A Big Hello to the Team BHP Family

Hi Team BHPians,

First of all let me state that I am proud to join the Team BHP family for many reasons like the administration, quality of members, huge number of honest and clear ownership threads and most importantly, it provides " automotive knowledge" to people like me.

Now about me, I was a an Air Force fighter pilot (mostly MiG 21s) and quit service after 10 years. Completed my MBA from IIMA in 2010 and now working in a real estate company in Chennai (From sky to earth, like my friends say).
Name Arun , age 34 yrs

How did I join T-BHP - I was planning to purchase a car and had kind of locked on to the Skoda Fabia. My 4 year old son was clear he wanted the green colour Ford Figo while my wife was equally clear on a Maruti (model not important to her).
Undecided on which car to buy, I checked the net and came across Team BHP. Reading the reviews/ forums, I immediately crossed out the Fabia from my list and decided to go along with my son's or wife's advice. (I still haven't bought the car though)
Nevertheless, I developed a respect for this site and applied for memebership.

My previous ownership of cars includes a 1999 Matiz, 2003 Palio D, 2007 Xeta and currently a Civic automatic. Though I love my Civic, I do need a hatch for day to day purposes and hence on the lookout.

Looking forward to adding my inputs to Team BHP.

Regards
Arun
Old 14th November 2010, 19:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome on team bhp Arun!

after experiencing mark-1, mark-2 speeds , how do you feel driving a 100 kmph car? (sorry i had to ask this question)

again welcome on the forum.

Nikhil
Old 14th November 2010, 21:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome man!

We are getting a lot of Defense guys as members lately, which is a great honor for us.

Enjoy your stay man.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun4242 View Post
Hi Team BHPians,

Now about me, I was a an Air Force fighter pilot (mostly MiG 21s) and quit service after 10 years.

Regards
Arun
Welcome to Team BHP from another ex- Armed Forces man!

Hatch back > Swift should be your first choice. i-10 is great too, but don't touch i-20. If money is not a constraint hw bout VW Polo?

Regards

Commander Nandu Chitnis (Retd)

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 15th November 2010 at 11:34.
Old 16th November 2010, 01:12   #5

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Welcome to Team BHP from another ex- Armed Forces man!

Hatch back > Swift should be your first choice. i-10 is great too, but don't touch i-20. If money is not a constraint hw bout VW Polo?

Regards

Commander Nandu Chitnis (Retd)
And Chitnis Sir - I require a diesel car only as it would be used for day to day purposes (My driving 2K/ month)
I am not too enthusiastic about Polo as it may turn out to be a Fabia or Polo in the making (The forums here reveal it does possess some of the required credentials like arrogant dealers and no transparent spare part list)
As i am in no hurry, I might wait for some new launches like Etios hatch etc.
Nevertheless, thanks for your advice
Old 16th November 2010, 16:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

create a new thread for that!

Just to let you know.
Nissan Micra diesel launch is inevitable. It will be a car to watch and possibly wait for. Speculation is that it is going to cost about 5.8lacs.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:38   #7
BHPian

An Airforce salute to you and welcome onboard. "From sky to earth, like my friends say", i cant agree any better with your friends
Old 16th November 2010, 16:50   #8
BHPian

Welcome on deck Arun-this is the best site-great guys with prompt advice and suggestions. The Hall of Fame of Team-BHP is long and strong. Many of them need to be honoured (trust me) with their knowledge of the roads and terrain across this diverse country. You must read the travelogues-they as good as reading an interesting and engrossing novel. The only downside (i don't think so)-you spend some office time reading and scanning for posts of the greats.

Regards,

Colonel Jude Mayne (Retd)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks