Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2004, 12:30   #1

Hi !

team-bhp is a great forum. I'd been reading through the posts for a number of days as a guest .. and then I finally made the effort to join (the only time I'm not lazy is when I'm behind a wheel).... It's really interesting reading ur posts here ... and some crazy topics as well !!

about me ... I recently moved to mumbai from delhi and am still in the phase where i keep comparing the two cities. Seems to me that bombay scores higher on almost all counts .. except for the roads ! even the WE highway, which I use every day, is not such a great ride ! more on that later though ..

as for my ride ... I drive 'halo' ... a dark grey carburetted zen ... she was a sweet little kitten until a while back ... and then i drove down to Automech to get a free-flow exhaust put in . and now whenever i drive her .. i'm reminded of the film - 'The Mouse that Roared' ... Usually a careful sorta driver, never going above 70-80 ... but sometimes .. if somebody on the road takes my complacence for granted .. I let 'em have it ...

all the best people ...

tc

bobby
Old 7th July 2004, 12:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey man Welcome to Team Bhp. Where in Mumbai u from and how did u hear bout TB?

Dippy
Old 7th July 2004, 13:19   #3

Hi ..

Thanks dippy .. that was a prompt response !!
am staying in Goregaon ... and work in Andheri .. i came across team-bhp during one of my many google searches ... incidentally .. that free-flow exhaust in my car is courtesy team-bhp .. after i discovered the posts about the automech systems ..

i'm assuming a large part of the members are from Mumbai ... and these days, I keep my eyes peeled for a team-bhp sticker .. but haven't seen any yet !!

a little more about me --- have been a little nuts about cars ever since the beginning ... was the proud owner of a collection of dinky cars ... most of them from 'matchbox' and 'coorgi' ... about 340 of them ... unfortunately .. the whole box got stolen a while back .. I was in depression for days ..

Got my first car about 2 years back ... the same one i'm driving right now .. and its a love affair thats going to be a long one ..

tc

bobby
Old 7th July 2004, 13:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] and these days, I keep my eyes peeled for a team-bhp sticker .. but haven't seen any yet !!
Well we are trying to act pricey and not reveal ourselves ... just kidding. It'll take a lil while for us to get a lil famous, but hopefully by this year end we shud be reasonably well known. Help us in being more famous and order a set for yourself too by PMing me your details and would be glad to send one over to you.

Keep Revvin ?
Revvmaster

Old 7th July 2004, 13:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bobby great to hear from you.

I too drive a carb Zen the only mods being tubeless tyres and alloy wheels. Nice to know you had a collection of dinkys unfortunate they got stolen. I too have dinkys about 300 of them matchbox , corgi, majorette, tomica etc.. I still have them in my toy box. I dont buy dinkys any more but yes I now buy model cars in the 1:18 scale . My 1:18 garage consists on 55 1:18 models out of which 22 are Ferraris and the others are a mix of all marques. I'm currently under the process of making a display case for them and it should be ready in the next two weeks.

I stay at Kandivali and yeah many of us are from Mumbai and we do have regular meets. Hope you can join us then . You can also buy team bhp stickers. PM Revvmaster for the same.

Cheers

Dippy
Old 7th July 2004, 16:59   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Bobby,

You owe us a high-revved drive in your free flowing zen now - Just for the sound.

Its great to have you here

GTO
Old 7th July 2004, 17:16   #7

Hi !

GTO .. u're welcome to a ride any time ... though the sound is the only big thing to the car !! its a peppy little hatch which is pretty useful to zip through city traffic ... but feels a little overwhelmed on open roads ... and i agree with raul (in another post) .. when he says its a little unstable .. and i'm not sure how much of an improvement a pair of alloys with a wider footprint would make .. am on standard steel rims as of the moment ..

Dippy ... U're collection sounds really impressive ..hope u can post some photos once ur showcase is done ! ..

thanks for the great welcome folks .. more than appreciated
Old 7th July 2004, 21:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey bobby...welcome to team-BHP....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks