Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:36   #1
BHPian

Hello

Hello all,
I have spent most of my career in various IT firms in Silicon Valley in California. Now back in Pune for good. I own a vehicle tracking company. The company can be called an early stage venture, but doing well. I will be 40 yrs old in 2 days. Official beginning of mid-life crisis!

My first automobile experience was a Lambretta scooter. I learned to ride it when I was in 6th grade. The site was so frightful to my father that he bought me a Luna and later a Kintetic Honda. As soon as I got my first job - I bought myself a Bajaj Kawasaki 100cc. Nice bike. Then moved to CA and my wife and I bought Nissan Altima and Toyota Rav4. And later purchased a used Acura Integra. I must say the Acura was the best thing I have ever driven.

After coming back to India I thought driving will be tough and played safe to buy a used Zen - 2006 and wife preferred a Santro AT. Both the cars running fine.

For past few months I have been itching to buy something bigger and more exciting and hence started to read TB. Now almost at the verge of buying a Safari 4x4. More about that later in my posts.

Cheers
-a
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:49   #2
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome and wish you a happy birthday! Would love to hear more on your startup here. Try making it to the tapri meets of Pune.
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Welcome and wish you a happy birthday! Would love to hear more on your startup here. Try making it to the tapri meets of Pune.
Hey MX6,

Thanks!

Where do I find about tapri meets?

I won't name the company as that could be seen as promotion of the business.

The primary motivation behind starting our own company was that I didnt want to work for any of the IT establishments. I think for future of IT in India we need to do product development which hardly any IT companies do.

The venture is self funded private limited company started approx 3 yrs back. The primary IP of the venture is a home brewed Vehicle Tracking Server (VTS) software. We install Vehicle Tracking Units (VTUs) in vehicles which transmit GPS location information to our server every 15-20 seconds. Our customers can login to our server to view current or historical location reports of their vehicles. The server sends various email/sms alerts e.g. for geofence violation, speeding etc. Our customer are large courier companies, taxi operators, logistics operators, schools etc.

We also license our server to track wireless police radios (Tetra) and is in use in few govt departments.

There are approx 80 companies doing almost the same thing as we do, our primary USP is reliability and user-friendliness of the solution. And I think we have been successful in creating a niche for ourselves.

Cheers
-a
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks