Team-BHP - TeamBHP tower this is AlphaKilo requesting permission to Land.Tower: you are cleared
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   TeamBHP tower this is AlphaKilo requesting permission to Land.Tower: you are cleared (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/93121-teambhp-tower-alphakilo-requesting-permission-land-tower-you-cleared.html)

AlphaKilo reporting at TeamBHP,

Hey friends, I am Arvind from Chennai. An aeronautical engineer by qualification and a design engineer for Pratt and Whitney Jet engines by profession. I am working at Infotech Enterprises, Bangalore.

Well, stumbled upon teambhp some 3 years back. From then on trying to make my way into the elite club of drivers and finally I got my landing clearance.

To brief about me, a basketballer by hobby, and in general can call me a freak when it comes to flying. Well I had my stint. Flew some 20 hrs in NCC and bagged the Best Pilot award too.. But that didnt last too long. Had to go to Germany to pursue my dream.. A degree in Aerospace engineering. Came to join the IAF in the flying branch which ended up otherwise..well that's a big story, but ended up getting selected to join IGRUA for CPL course which inturn left me in a nasty disaster that I couldnt clear my Class -I medicals due to a "bend nose":Frustrati

But the four wheelers were, are and will be my passion and my first love forever. I tried to pursue a engineering in Automobile but ended up with Aeronautics lol:. well not much of a difference but just another dimension added while calculations.

My likes, or frankly my love.. cars. Especially the three pointed star, yes the Mercs. The very fact I was attracted to Deutschland was because it made the Mercs.

I hope that was a very brief introduction about myself. I wrap this up for now and let myself enjoy this moment of being a member of TeamBHP.

Over n Out!!

Hello Alpha Kilo,

Welcome on Board !

Nice to know some one from Aeronautical Background, Do share some of your experiences !

Cheers !
Otomobil

Congrats and welcome AK. See you around.:)

Like all new joinees, the first information on landing is the hold time & the time you encircled but did not get permission to land as well :)

Jokes apart, welcome. You have had an interesting life! Welcome!

AlphaKilo, welcome, I am your long lost evil twin ... lol:

Welcome aboard @AlphaKilo, have a pleasent journey with us & enjoy your stay.

Welcome aboard.

Eye catching introduction.thou!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha (Post 2163756)

'Alpha ki lo' implies he is requesting us to pull his leg!!;)
Sorry, couldn't resist.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha (Post 2163756)

Nice to see you twin! You are not lost anymore. Found you :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by abishek2222 (Post 2163885)
Welcome aboard.

Eye catching introduction.thou!

Thanks Abhi ji

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayabusa (Post 2163967)
'Alpha ki lo' implies he is requesting us to pull his leg!!;)
Sorry, couldn't resist.:D

Bhai, such pullings has become common from the day since when i started using this ICAO lingo. One of my friend asked(Who is unaware of this lingo) - "Alpha kitna Kilo???"

Alpha Kilo welcome to the Club mate.
Good to see a aeronautical engineer. Don't worry if you couldn't fly, you make sure others fly safely.
I am an Airforce pilot and I guess we have many things in common to talk about.
So which engine you working on now these days- PW or F series?
Keep revving buddy.
Happy Landings!!!

"Alpha Kilo You are cleared to land. runway in use is 28 Left. Winds are 2 o clock 10 knots. Check gear down and call on localiser"

welcome on teambhp AlphaKilo.

we had another bhpian Alfa_Kilo.

a great man & DIY offroad junkie. sadly not with us any more.

Welcome in , Team-bhp screen would be a respite from the blue CATIA screen that you must be seeing every day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheelz (Post 2164165)
Alpha Kilo welcome to the Club mate.
Good to see a aeronautical engineer. Don't worry if you couldn't fly, you make sure others fly safely.
I am an Airforce pilot and I guess we have many things in common to talk about.
So which engine you working on now these days- PW or F series?
Keep revving buddy.
Happy Landings!!!

Sir, I work with PW(business jets and turbo props) engines. I understand and I am just carrying on. Well I still envy that coveted wings. Its indeed true that "No one can steal it from one who wears it unless he drops it."

"Alpha Kilo You are cleared to land. runway in use is 28 Left. Winds are 2 o clock 10 knots. Check gear down and call on localiser"

Roger, thats copied Runway 28 left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster (Post 2164265)
welcome on teambhp AlphaKilo.

we had another bhpian Alfa_Kilo.

a great man & DIY offroad junkie. sadly not with us any more.

Mr.Jeepster, I know him. I mean I have been following TBhp as a silent visitor for quite a long time that I am aware of almost all the members who are regularly active here.
He was indeed a great man. Though, I share his name, I know I cannot replace the man himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovergen (Post 2164303)
Welcome in , Team-bhp screen would be a respite from the blue CATIA screen that you must be seeing every day.

Hehehe Sirji, I dont work in Design. I look after maintenance and overhauling. So no Blue screen/white screen.

Sorry, I wrongly typed my message inside the quotes.

Well, Sheelz sir, on a personal note, the moment I read your intro post my enthusiasm to join teamBhp twin folded or if put in technical terms, I felt like I have been attached with a turbo-charger, a NOS kit and some rocket boosters. Then the same weekend changed my day forever!! It was like a BrahMos striking its target with maximum precision, I received my confirmation! what a moment indeed.

I am sure I will enjoy my stay with you all guys. Well, most of you are no strangers to me as I have been following you all for quite a long time :D :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaKilo (Post 2165247)
Sorry, I wrongly typed my message inside the quotes.

Well, Sheelz sir, on a personal note, the moment I read your intro post my enthusiasm to join teamBhp twin folded or if put in technical terms, I felt like I have been attached with a turbo-charger, a NOS kit and some rocket boosters. Then the same weekend changed my day forever!! It was like a BrahMos striking its target with maximum precision, I received my confirmation! what a moment indeed.

I am sure I will enjoy my stay with you all guys. Well, most of you are no strangers to me as I have been following you all for quite a long time :D :D

Well buddy welcome aboard.
I am sure you gonna have a good time here.
Take care and happy landings.